Skip to content
Funny feeling in head
sssfletcher posted:
Hi! I am new here...and was diagnosed with fibro about 1 1/2 years ago. I am still trying to weave my way through understanding this and feeling a bit overwhelmed at times.

About 2 months ago I started having this really wierd sensation in my head. It seems to be worse when I am completely exhausted....it is like a wave of movement under my scalp on the top of my head.....when my eyes move the feeling kind of echos it. When I move my head the feeling echos it...almost in the same direction. Even noises can make it worse - feels like a vibration movement. It is so hard to explain and yet it is so completely irritating and I don't know if this is a 'normal' thing...or possibly completely non-related.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this!

Thanks!

happycouple001 responded:
ok clarify please in ur head like a pulse sensation or on the outside in ur skin also is it more noticeably at stressful times goto bed with it wake up with it or what medicenes are u taking if u take meds. do u notice it right after or is there a delay i had pulse in my skin at times
favorite song unanswered prayers by garth verses john 3:16 and serenity prayer .....happily married for 10 years this aug.,,,......... matt and my wife fran

happycouple001 replied to happycouple001's response:
pulses in my head at skin level
favorite song unanswered prayers by garth verses john 3:16 and serenity prayer .....happily married for 10 years this aug.,,,......... matt and my wife fran

sssfletcher replied to happycouple001's response:
It is under my skin....feels like it is under my skull....but on the top of my head. It definately gets worse when I am exhausted...but I feel it every stinkin' day!!! It is such a creepy feeling - it is like a wave of movement. Wondering if maybe it is really anxiety that is bringing this on????? Could that even be????? I know that the worse I feel (daily) the higher my anxiety seems to get.....

I am not taking any meds for the fibro right now - my choice. My Dr. offered me a few different options and I chose not to do any of them. I am so leary of everything right now. Just feel new to this and trying to make sense of it all. Very overwhelmed by this whole thing.....feel like I have lost a huge part of me and am just trying to find my way.

squarley replied to sssfletcher's response:
Sounds like anxiety to me which comes on from FM, I have that simular feeling when I am really anxious and in a lot of pain. We get so many weird feeling. I take xanx and it helps that. I am so sorry you have this and hope you find some help. We all our here for you.. Light Hugs Squarley

fibroinsd responded:
I wouldn't say that this is one of the big fibro issues that have been mentioned here. I have had vertigo, and I know several others have had that also. I am not sure if what you are describing is Vertigo. I think I would give your doctor a call and see what he says. Sounds like it is worth looking into...

let us know what you find out..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

karij123 replied to fibroinsd's response:
I think I know exactly what you're talking about. I've never related it to anxiety, and I agree that it's worse when tired.

It's kind of like a quick feeling of lightheadedness, but a wave of it, and it's mirrored with the feeling in the eyes, and I think in my case, my ears. I can hear it happen. Imagine a wheat field and a large gust of wind blowing across. That's exactly how it feels. Kind of a buzzing senstion.

I also feel a strange feeling in my heart when it happens. Do you feel that too?

sssfletcher replied to karij123's response:
I am so glad someone 'gets' it...:) I haven't been 'scared' of it....it's been going on for 2 months now and hasn't gotten any worse...it is just strange and uncomfortable. Grrrrrrr! :) It feels like it is a 'nerve' thing.....like overly sensitive nerves in my head giving me wierd sensations. Guess it could be worse..huh?! :)

I haven't felt it in my heart karij....hope I don't ever either.....the head is enough!!! LOL! Have you had that same feeling (in your head) for a long time....? The past couple months is the first time I have dealt with it. Hope it doesn't last! :)

shirley2010 replied to sssfletcher's response:
Hello there ... it sounds like it might be muscles in ur neck and shoulder related !

Perhaps ur Dr. can give u something for it ...

Hang in there !!!
shirley2010

fibroKimber responded:
I often have almost a dull, buzzing feeling in my head or around my eyes especially when the pain is bad. it's a pretty common fibro thing i guess. I suggest reading up on all of Dr pellegrino's posts on the right (click his name then his discussions) because he has a way of explaining things perfectly . Because of him I've realized that sooooo many of my random, odd symptoms can be attributed to FM and to our dysfunctional autonomic nervous systems. Good times!

Youll learn a lot here on this discussion group. Dr. Pellegrino is a godsend, truly.

Good luck!

Kimber

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
467 of 542 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.