Skip to content
question Please anwser
cane1 posted:
Dear EVERYONE,
Is Fibromyalgia related in any form to Sjogren's Syndrome?
And if so,Where can I get information on it?

cane1

meesh69 responded:
Hello,

I do not know anything about this, but I have a suggestion. If you put "Dr. P and FMily" in the subject line you will get a response from the doctor on this one too. I am fairly new but have done this and gotten responses from him. He should know the answer to your question. You will also get responses from anyone else who knows the answer. Good luck.

Booch007 responded:
Cane1.....I am not aware that they are related...but the side effects of our meds yields a diagnosis of it. I was on Cymbalta and was so close to plugs in the tears ducts due to *SS diagnosis....I got off the Cymbalta and my Dry everything is gone.

So, yes you could have the disease...syndrome, but maybe your meds are drying you up?? Look into that, then it is risk and benefit...I chose not to go with the next fix* just so I could take a med that i wasn't sure made me feel better. I got off it.

Good Luck, Nancy B

karenrugs responded:
As a long time sufferer of both, I was told by and given literature by my rhematologist of both syndromes. The symptoms can sometimes overlap and that's perhaps the only relation they have.

You can find info on sjogrens just by typing in sjogrens syndrome in your search bar. Try that.

Hope you feel better.
A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.

fibroinsd responded:
I hope this is helpful

http://arthritis.webmd.com/tc/sjogrens-syndrome-topic-overview

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
196 of 213 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.