Skip to content
Sensitive teeth?
grammie4life posted:
Good morning all,

I was just wondering if anyone else with FM has ever experienced sensitive teeth? Sometimes it can be a cold food or maybe a hot food that sets it off...sometimes I am not eating at all & they hurt. There have been times when my teeth hurt (not my gums or the nerves) even when I'm just sitting watching TV. And worse yet, certain sounds or noises seem to bother my teeth. I use Sensodyne tootpaste. When I mention that my teeth hurt, people look at me like I have 3 eyes...lol. Could this be associated with the dragon? I know we all have many different "symptoms", but I guess I was hoping that I wasn't alone in having sensitive teeth.

I hope everyone has a good day today. God bless.
Debbie

dollbug responded:
Hello Debbie.....MiMi in NC....I, too, have teeth problems....and I also grind my teeth....I try to remember to put my mouth guard in every night....but sometimes this does not happen....as I fall asleep and my husband will not wake me up....

I did not think about it being from FM....but it just might be....

I do have the sinus problems (knock on wood, none so far) and I also have dry eyes....which I use prescription eye drops....suppose to use these twice a day....that does not always happen either....I do try to get the eye drops in before I go to sleep....

Thanks for bringing this up.....it will be interesting to know what others will post....

Take care.....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

1wareaglefan responded:
Good morning, Debbie....this is an interesting topic, and one that I've had experience with. I grew up with great, healthy teeth. Then about 10 years ago I started having all these problems....teeth sensitivity, dry mouth, then one root canal after another. I couldn't understand why I started having all these problems.

I never associated it with fibro. I'd be interested to know what Dr. P. says about it....if there's any connection or not.

Take care......Elizabeth

jamesii responded:
Odd that you bring this up at this time. A few days ago I was reading an article posted by webmd that says teeth aching, smells, sounds, all of those affect people with fibro. After all, it is no more than nerve damage all over our body.

I would vote yes to your question. All my teeth have been fixed, they are in great shape. My dentist gave me a small tube of sensodyne tooth paste to use when I have such aches/sensitivity. I mentioned that my teeth were at times achy and very sensitive. He said to use that as needed.

it doesn't happen often, but it does.

Ark Jim

annamaria04 responded:
Hi Debbie, yes, I have sensitive teeth too. I could have written your post word for word; it's all true for me. I have about a level 2 or 3 pain that comes and goes every day and I've learned to live with it just like all the rest of the pains in my body. This last summer I had my first teeth pain flare that lastest about a month. It was a level 6 or 7 all the time. After thorough exam and xrays by the dentist, he said nothing was wrong and recommended Sensodyne. I do believe it's all part of the FM. Everything else hurts (including my eyes) so why not the teeth!

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.