Skip to content
Email Digests are Back!
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Don't get to your favorite boards every day? We're all busy, so sometimes it is nice to have your board come to you. WebMD Community now has an email digest available for each of our message boards.

Digests give you all the new posts for your community for the past 24 hours and even link you up directly to posts from our experts.

Read a little more about email digests and how to sign up for them , and then start getting your own digests!

The WebMD Community Staff
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

annette030 responded:
Hi, Caprice

Can I fix it so I am alerted just to any posts that Dr. P posts or responds to?

I find the new email format is not useful for me as it takes just as long to read and respond to posts as it does to use the board directly. The old email digests were set up differently and were much more efficient to use.

I doubt I will be coming here with any regularity as I find I must learn to manage my time better. However, I am always interested in Dr. P's posts.

Hugs, Annette

Booch007 responded:
Morning Caprice,
I am on a FB thing now with a support crowd that was here....this is brought to my email too.....I have 400 emails now, I can't imagine having Web MD in there too ! WOW, but what a great advantage if this was the primary board.
If I join will it automatically start putting all the post in there?

I have trouble getting in here with my computer at times...something in the whole routing process, you can't imagine what the page looks like at times (just data tot he left of the screen from some main page) and then I have to try 2=3 attempts. With that effort I have a breeze getting into FB so I have been there. I miss it here, and helping out.

I also have been in a low without shots and the weight loss stimulated it all into a frenzy..........(but I don't sit still either)
So, as I chatter away here....if I log on...auto start right away, all the post will come to me??
Hugs, Nancy B

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to annette030's response:
Hi Annette,

Sorry, no, that's not possible. I hope the email digests at least give you some ideas of the topics being discussed and if Dr. P starts one, it should be noted there so a quick scan could reveal what you need/want.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Booch007's response:
Hi Nancy,

You might want to set up some rules in your email program so all those facebook messages get filtered into a folder created for that purpose (I had to do the same).

To start getting the once-a-day email digest from this community, look on the left sidebar and use the down arrow next to the Stay Informed heading. In there you'll find the option to receive email digests from this community.

I hope that helps, Nancy. We miss your constant presence here too. :-)

hisfaithful1 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Caprice, I'm sorry, I know this is off topic a bit. I really am so frustrated by how many of my posts do not show up, and I am hoping this one will.

Can something be done about posts that will not show up?

We do all that writing, and many times were hurting or upset, or needing to vent, and we click submit, and poof!

I am really so tired of this, it happens regularly to me.

I even tried doing a poll about this, and of course, it did not show up either. I really hope this problem will be taken seriously, you know us fibromites have alot on our plates already.

Thanks Caprice

Debbie

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to hisfaithful1's response:
Hi Debbie,

Like your other posts, it showed up:

Click here

I answered you there and on another thread. I know it's frustrating. (((hugs)))

hisfaithful1 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
(((Caprice))) I know, saw it first thing this morning.

I honestly have had several that just really, went poof!

I know it's no ones fault, and sorry, I know I have been sounding like a little whiner.

I can't amagine having your job here, but you handle it well.

Thanks, and hugs

Debbie

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to hisfaithful1's response:
No worries, Debbie, you're not sounding like a whiner. :-)

annette030 responded:
This is the third board where I have read every post on this thread, I have not read one person who said they used and liked the new format of the email digests.

It does not save time or effort.

Hugs, Annette

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to annette030's response:
Nothing negative here either about them. Most have no responses about the digests themselves (and that just means they weren't used before or now by the members on those communities, or that they work well enough not to say anything) and I have read some positive ones. I understand they're not for everyone but they do help some. :-) I'm sorry they're not a good fit for you in their new format. I hope others will give them a try if they think they'd be handy for them. :-)

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.