Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
cymbalta
nbird47 posted:
I have had fibro for over 20 years and have been on every medication that is available. I normally don't have side efects - they just don't help.

I started Cymbalta at 30mg 5 days ago and have been so sick to my stomach and have felt like I have the flu ever since.

What are others experience with this drug?

1wareaglefan responded:
Hello, Nbird.....I couldn't take cymbalta, either. I tried it actually for about a week, but it made me too jittery/nervous. Then later I even gave it another try but had the same effects.

I've found I can't take any of the other SNRI's.....savella or effexor. It's awful dealing with all the side effects, isn't it? I didn't want to try lyrica because of the weight gain. Right now I seem to be doing ok by taking prozac and lots of vitamins/minerals. I take darvocet, which is pretty mild, for pain.

I hope you find something that works for you....you've had it a long time.

Take care.....Elizabeth

amgolfer responded:
Hi nbird,

I have been on Lyrica for about 10 mos and haven't had the weight gain, but do have the fog that comes with it. But the pain has been more manageable. I was recently prescribed Cymbalta about two months ago, and have had no real side effects, but again, a little more fog and stupid comes with it. So aside from the mental issues, which are frustrating, I have been able to tolerate them. Biggest problem is that neither do more than make the pain manageable, I still have flares and still have all the rest of the issues we deal with. I have started trying to take MiMi's advice and have been investigating the vitamins and minerals that seem to halp with FM.

I also deal with back pain and arthritis from Degenerative disc disease. I take Oxycodone for pain as well and a muscle relaxer at night to help with sleep and restless leg syndrome that either comes from FM or Lyrica.

I take 100mg of Lyrica 3X day, 60 mg of Cymbalta.

Jim in Madison
Live each day for the blessing that it is....Knowing that God never gives you more than you can handle, because through HIS Grace, all things are possible

fibroinsd responded:
I took cymbalta for about two years...and it was wonderful. At 30 mgs I didn't feel anything...but 60mg helped me. If you are sick from the Cymbalta...call your doc...sounds like it isn't for you..

Or maybe you have the flu????

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

newgrandma1953 responded:
Hi,
I was diagnosed in December of '09. I had been and continue to be on Cymbalta 90mgm/day. I have not experienced any side effects. I know there are always the possibilities of side effects, however I would suggest contacting your MD and discussing this with him.
I wish you well, God bless,
Carol

jennston replied to fibroinsd's response:
I am currently taking 60 mg of cymbalta and no side effects but I have heard of it making some people sick...... I know the stomach flu is going around not sure about anyone elses area but bf and I had it bad.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.