Skip to content
Pain with cold weather
Dairyl posted:
Hi Fibromates,

I had pain through out this past summer, so I started to think I just had pain year round.

Ha........now the pain with the cold weather, how stupid was I to think that. My pain this last week has been horrible again!

My hugs......to you........

Dairyl

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I used to think the same, that since I always had pain through the warm/hot weather that weather didn't impact me. Ha! Oh foolish foolish me.

I hope you find ways to deal with the pain, Dairyl, so that it's not making your life miserable. I use all sorts of tactics to keep my muscles warm, from exercise to plenty of hot showers.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

TCL38 responded:
Cold is EVIL to me! Instant pain. And it's not just winter, air conditioners and fans or cool breezes shoot needles through my body too.

Stay warm!

Tanya

Moxie1956 replied to TCL38's response:
I recognized a year or two ago, that chills are a precursor to a fibro flare. Then I went thru a very hot NC summer with a chronic pain level of about 3-4, sometimes 5-6. The entire summer was one of damage control.

And you are so right, TCL38! Being in the direct line of an air conditioner or a fan is mean! Intolerable!

Well, about 2 weekends ago, I think, I felt well enough to make a short trip to the store. It was our first really chilly Saturday. My fibro flared, but with a sharp severity, definitely a 7-8 on the pain scale.

I told my husband I had forgotten just how severe the pain can be, and had been underestimating the oncoming autumn weather. Here I was welcoming the cooler weather, initially, thinking it would relieve me of some menopausal discomforts, and totally forgetting how savage chilly weather is to fibro. Oh, but I got reminded, did I ever!
Cheerio

jamesii responded:
Hi Dairyl. Women have claimed the hot flashes throughout history. Us men just sat and said nothing. I have them big time. I can get hot, then cold, chills, etc.

What with the cold weather coming on, I can go to bed cover up, start sweating, kick the cover off and have a chill. As someone else said, my thermostat is broken. Cold weather is tough on me as it takes a long time to begin adjusting to it.

Hope you get the kinks out of that.

Ark Jim

fibroinsd responded:
So sorry you are having so much pain right now...but it is nice to see you on here !!!! Please take care...cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Wolfsong452 responded:
sending hugs to eveyone, keep warm, have no flares, sleep well.

pain, pain pain,

it's a cold Sat. here in Indianapolis.

egads, give me back the Indian summer!

major flaring!

yet, I have been asked out to dinner by 2 different groups.

hmm? my father, or my ex-hubby and his brother?

maybe better, to stay at home and suffer alone!

wishing eveyone a pain free weekend.

ValarieW77 responded:
ugh the pain so far this Fall has been very bad on me. Not welcoming the winter at all !!!

Very bad with the cold weather but as others have said the warm effected me this past spring and summer also. We can't hide from the pain to well I guess.

Warm vibes all your way !
Valarie

UrAttnPls replied to ValarieW77's response:
I've had major pain and aching since my early 20's when I was involved in a accident with an 18 wheeler. I can usually tell when it's about to rain or the temperature is getting ready to drop. My neck and back start hurting terribly. Since I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia this year other parts of the body have reacted negatively to a cold ' SNAP '. The discomfort doesn't seem as severe in warmer weather, except that I have that ' I can't breathe ' feeling that overwhelms me when doing the simplest of tasks.

Angela

CountryLady46 replied to TCL38's response:
I too understand what you mean about cold weather! I use a heating blanket on my bed almost year round, even in the summer. The a/c might be on but so is my blanket. I was newly diagnosed with Fibro about 3 months ago, I knew I had to have something else wrong because my pain was not just from DDD and DDJ, I hurt all over everyday. I am taking Cymbalta 2x's a day and also hydrocodone 10-650 and Flexiril. The muscle relaxers sure help me at night but I seem to still have a hard time getting comfortable and staying asleep. This is something that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy! Take Care all, and I hope you all enjoy the Holidays!

ValarieW77 replied to UrAttnPls's response:
Yes, same here ! I know what the weather will be like the day before. It is so similar to arthritis in this area of symptoms.

Rainy or damp or even humid our my worst days

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.