Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Restarting "ANGRY" discussion
Shopaholic3 posted:
I am new to this community but very much NOT new to Fibromyalgia. I got very teary eyed when I was reading all of the posts in the "Is anyone angry? :/" discussion. I feel like this almost every second of every day. What's worse is I find myself becoming angry BECAUSE I'm angry and many times don't know why. I am on edge, easily rattled, and just irritated. I try to see the best in my situation, feel fortunate that I am not dying or don't have cancer, or anything fatal. I try to feel grateful that FM has been a learning experience. I have had fibro since 10, and now i'm 21. I feel a little jipped (spl?) on my adolescence. I'm upset that I need to plan very far in advance for activities to make sure that I will be up for them. I'm upset that I have to cancel on people if all of a sudden i flare up. I become discouraged that I can't be like my friends and have their energy. Furthermore, because I don't tell many people, I don't want them to just look at me like a loser because I'm not doing many things. (I just recently joined a sorority)..

I feel like it's not the actual fibro that gets me down, maybe it's how i let it affect me? I feel like a weak person all the time, maybe if i were stronger i would be able to do more?

Thank you in advance for reading/letting me vent. I'd really like to have someone to talk about this with.

AJ

Dollbug responded:
Hello AJ and welcome.....sorry that you are having so many issues....but glad that you found this unique FM support group....

I would encourage you to be sure and check out the "Tips" and "Resources" to the right of this page.....be sure and read "member toolbox" and "nutrition and vitamins"....as I am sure you will find something that will help you cope better...

Stress is the wrath of the dragon's best friend....(aka FM) so I would encourage you to try to keep your stress level at bay....not good for the mind or the body....

There are all sorts of things that you can try.....good vitamins and supplements.....as I am one of the FMers here who depend upon vitamins and supplements to help me cope better....I do take Prestiq for depression....and this is the only prescription that I take....other than this....I take magnesium and malate combination supplement, Omegas, Super B Complex, Vitamin D supplement and Calcium....plus others as I do have other health issues....

We are all different though...and what helps one may or may not help another...you have to do a "trial and error process" which does take time and effort...to find out just what your body needs.....there are no quick fixes....sorry....but you have to allow at least 6-8 weeks on basically anything that you try...it takes this long to get the full potential working in your system......

I would also encourage you to be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...if you have not already done so....low Vitamin D can cause some of us FMers additional pain....

I hope you will post often, ask questions, make comments or suggestions.....

Take care and good luck.....I am sure that you will
find something soon that will help you cope better.....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi AJ,

Welcome here and thank you for restarting this discussion as a new one. As you noticed, you're definitely not alone in feeling that anger, in feeling cheated.

I hope that others will be chiming in with their thoughts and support.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

1wareaglefan responded:
Hello, AJ, and welcome! Bless your heart, Dear. I always hate to hear of anyone your age with this illness. I've been diagnosed for 2 years (I'm 57), and I can't imagine having to deal with it as a young person. Someone earlier started a discussion asking how many young people were out there with fibro. You might scroll down the discussions and see if you can find it.

Is your doctor giving you anything to help? Mimi gave you some good advice....I would ditto what she said and just try to do all the research you can about it.

Also, please know that all of us here want to encourage and support you. We understand how you're feeling....you're not alone.

God bless you.....Elizabeth

Shopaholic3 replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
Hi Everyone and thank you for responding.

Bc i've had this for so long and from so young, i've literally had every resource at my fingertips and done a vast amount of research. Honestly, more than most. I have my own website for teens with FMS and did respond (thanks for mentioning!!) to the young people discussion :)

I take lots of vitamins. I used to take many more along with shakes and drinks and many more supplements but it was very costly and I wasn't seeing much improvement. I appreciate your comments---as of right now I'm really up on all the latest techniques and research for FM :)

I really just wanted to, well vent, but furthermore, wanted to see if anyone else felt just plain angry. I also get angry at very simple things and stay mad for a long time. I feel like I can't just "let it go." Does anyone else feel like that?

1wareaglefan replied to Shopaholic3's response:
Good morning....you come here and vent all you want to! What you're describing is how I felt last year. My fibro really got cranked up, and I was in a year-long flare. I was grieving for the old me before fibro....for all the things I could no longer do and for how it felt to be without pain.

I think coming to this website and connecting with others who completely understood how I felt was a lifesaver for me. I eventually came out of the grieving stage (I hope it's gone for good now!), and I feel like I'm coping pretty well.

I hope and pray you'll find comfort and support here. We all need each other!

Bless you.....Elizabeth

1rmouse replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
How odd, I just sent a venting e mail off to my Rhuemy this a.m. complaing about my current Fibro flare. I know there isn't anything he can do, but it sure felt good to share how I felt about this seemly Never Ending Fibro flare.

And the beauty of this site is that we can vent because we are angry, hurting, depressed, all of the above and at our witts end with a current flare or Fibro ( symptoms ) in general and what is currently doing to our lives, family, life we 'used' to have before getting "IT" and know everyone here understands completly what we are saying. What a great thing!

Right now I am feeling 'down and out' with this flare because I have been so Fibro symptom free for so long that it's like feeling so awful all those years ago before getting DX'd. and for me that was 30 long years ago.
Okay, vent away... : )
Linda R.

fibroinsd responded:
Glad you got your vent out...and glad you started a new angry post instead of keeping that old one going......If it is of any comfort...the person that started the original Angry post is no longer Angry !!! Hopefully, you will get better too !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

jroseland replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hello-

I'm also on the younger side. I have had "pain problems" since childhood, although I was officially diagnosed just a few years ago (but I knew it was FM long before). I am 28 now.

We all have our challenges. People who had full lives before FM grieve the life they lost and people like us grieve the life we never had. It is hard to be young and yet live a FM modified life-style. You would think that we would be used to all the emotional issues but I have been going through a tough time recently too.

The times that I feel resolved to FM I wonder if I'm finally at peace with it. Then, I'll go through another period of anger, sadness, etc. I have to conclude, for myself, that I will always have periods of emotional distress due to FM.

My latest "low point" has come because I have been having frequent heart palpitations. I have had my heart checked and I'm not in any danger or anything, but the palpitations cause me to be very fatigued. I can't help but think "Really? My normal 50-60% energy has now been cut in half?" All of my energy goes to the absolute necessities of life.

My experience is not uncommon. FM has so many irritating co-conditions that come along and kick us when we're down. I think that's why so many of us have periods of anger. We finally get used to our lot in life, then something else comes to disrupt that fragile equilibrium.

I really don't have answers but I hope you're able to get through this tough time--you're definitely not alone.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.