Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I am sooo tired of this!!!
fibrotiredofit posted:
Can anyone tell me what i can do? My family dr hurt me so badly, he told me that alls i need to do is stretch in the morning and i try to tell him about my symptoms and he just doesent say anything. I have medicaid and live in a very rural area, so i dont know what other dr i could go to? i feel like giving up and no one understands my pain at all. i think some of the drs ive seen over the years think its all in my head. does anyone have any advice?

fightingfibromomof5 responded:
Dear fibrotiredofit,

Right off, I would like to say, ME TOO!! tired of it. I so wished I could give you better answers. I just want to let you know you are not alone in this fight. You have an army standing with you. However, you NEED real medical help. Do you have a hospital in your area, that you could go to? Or is it possible to drive to a larger town? The doc. you are seeing, sounds like a real quack!! He obviously, is way out dated with his medical ideas.There just has to be answers for you out there. I so wish I had some for you. I am certain someone will jump on here and give you some much needed answers. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone in this fight. Kelly

ValarieW77 responded:
On the (NFA) National Fibromyalgia Association website there is a link to Physicians in areas that treat Fibromyalgia. Try looking it up and see if anyone is close to you.
Here is a link

http://www.fmaware.org/site/PageServer?pagename=resources_hcProviderDirectory

Good luck and don't stick with this doctor if you can help it. He does sound very old fashion and he is going to be NO help to you what so ever.

Good luck
Valarie

nonnieskids4 responded:
I to had to fight, but I would try printing as much materail as you can about Fibro and taking it with you next time and DEMAND that he read it. Sometimes I think we have to be our own advocate and be LOUD about it! I hope this helps and I hope you get the help you need.

An_199435 responded:
If you see another doctor, when making the appt I would ask if the doctor knows anything about fibro and takes fibro patients regularly so you arent wasting your time/money. Sometimes its worth asking, sometimes they still feed you a line of BS and you find it out when the doc is obviously not on the same side of the fight as you. I have probably seen about 10-20 docs in the last 2 yrs... all I can say is SO many of them are not really caring, wish there was some way to hold them accountable for how they act, and yet we are paying them to be treated like this. Sometimes its in a rare place that we find a doctor to actually "get it" or help advocate for us... I recently went to a chiropractor who actually listened to me and is going to set me up with a decent doctor and also for the time being is trying to help me as he can

fibroinsd responded:
Hi and welcome...

Yes....check out the list of fmaware.org...and look for a doctor in your area...if you can't find one there call around and ask doctors offices if they treat FM.

Secondly, you can take some vitamins that will help. Take a good multi, a B-100 complete, a D3, and an omega.

Thirdly, ask to have your Vit. D level checked...most of us have low Vit. D.

Your doctor is right about one thing...stretching is good. If you can get a Yoga Dvd or a yoga group, that would be good...(however, he is wrong in that this is all you can do.) Do make sure you do some stretching...our muscles get tight...and need stretching out...and our blood needs to get moving...

Read up on medications for fm...particularly, Lyrica, Cymbalta and Savelle...

Also...read ...on the side...the Tips and Toolbox post for things you can do to help yourself..especially using a heating pad..

join in the conversation and support here...and if you can,look for a support group in your area...maybe even start your own !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

jroseland replied to fibroinsd's response:
Perhaps keep a pain diary and let the doctor see it. If you keep bringing up your issues, he can't ignore it forever. Also, possibly research the kind of treatment you think you would like and ask him for it. Many of the meds that can help FM are commonly prescribed by doctors. Hope you get some help!

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.