Skip to content
Writing for nothing! uugghh!
hisfaithful1 posted:
I'm not mad at anyone in particular, (wouldn't know who to be mad at) it is just sooooo maddening to pour out your heart about something here, or to really be needing some advice, and your post dissapears. And if you need a good vent, who here hasn't once or twice, and you find it is for nothing.

Can someone please explain why this happens so often? That's the only reason I bring it up, it has happened to me more times than I even know. I admit it happened once when maintenance was going on, so I just wasn't aware, but I have lost quite a few posts when with no explanation.

Please take the poll so we (or maybe it's just me.. yikes, hope not, or I'm gonna feel dumb!) can hopefully get to the bottom of this.

Theres gotta be a better way, right?!

Thanks for listening

Debbie

Take the Poll

I write a response to someone's post, or start a discussion, click SUBMIT, and Poof it's gone! Never to be seen again. This is really frustrating! How many times has this happened to you?
  • Never
  • Once or twice
  • At least a half a dozen times
  • 10 maybe more
  • I lost count!
vote
View Poll Results

fibroinsd responded:
Some people have been reporting some computer glitches lately...sorry if you have had problems...

If a post of yours is removed by the moderator, they will e-mail you the reason for it...seems like everyone gets one removed for one reason or another...like copying something from another website....Just make sure you read the rules...and do your best...

It sounds more like a computer glitch than anything else...hopefully things will get better...seems like this happens once in awhile.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

1rmouse replied to fibroinsd's response:
I sure hope that the powers that be here see the poll results and replies and Do Something! As losing a long post more than once or twice is more than just frustrating y'all. ;(
Linda R.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I've responded to a few of these posts the last few days. Yes, there are some issues that our engineers are working on but here are a few tips:

When you post a new discussion and it doesn't show up right away on the home page list that does not mean it didn't hit the board; it just means it can take a minute or two to show up in the main feed. Refreshing a time or two can help.

When you post a reply and get an error message it may still be there after all if you click on your browser's Back button.

Of course, if the site is completely unavailable, you wouldn't be able to post in the first place.

I know that when I type up a longish post I always copy it before clicking on the Submit button, just in case. I rarely end up needing it but it gives me peace of mind.

We understand how frustrating this is for all experiencing it and do appreciate your patience.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

hisfaithful1 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Caprice,

I'm aware of the tips you listed, and have tried them, I have copied a few long ones, but not always. Sometimes a post will show up when I click the back button, sometimes not.

I submited the poll about this yesterday, and it didn't show up, I was beyond frustrated at that point! I see this morning it did appear a little while after I got off my pc.

Thanks for the help, and responding. Other than this posting problem this is a great site, and I'm happy to be a part of it, as small as it is.

Blessings
Debbie

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to hisfaithful1's response:
That was a situation where you didn't wait long enough for the main list to display it. (Sometimes it takes a couple of minutes and/or refreshing the page.) Your post is there, just not yet in the feed.

I'm glad that, despite these frustrations, you're enjoying the site. The people here really are great.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.