Skip to content
Cannot tolerate pain as I age
elizabeth1304 posted:
Hi
This is Beth and I haven't been on for quite a while. I was helping take care of my dad but he passed away last week. It was hard to listen to my body when I was busy. Now I have alot of free time and just realize I cannot tolerate the pain as well as I use to. Anyone else feel that way?
Thanks,
Beth

Dollbug responded:
Hello Beth.....I am so sorry that you are going through this now....as I have been there and done that also....and yes...it is very hard.....especially when we are stressed so...I hope that you will allow yourself to mourn and read up on ways to help yourself cope better....I am sure that you will find something that will help...I was surprised just how much my life changed after my dad passed...and I know just how hard this is....

I hope that you will find something that will help you cope better....if you have not already done so....read the info to the right of this page under "Tips" and "Resources"....

Take care and good luck...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

1wareaglefan responded:
Hi, Beth....my name is Elizabeth, too. I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad 9 years ago, so I know it's very hard. Right now I'm the main caregiver for my Mother, who's 87.

I don't tolerate pain very well, either. I guess as I've gotten older, my pain threshold is lower. Of course we know that's the way it is with fibro.

I agree with Mimi that you should give yourself time to mourn and be kind to yourself. I'm sure all the stress of caring for your Dad and then his death has taken a physical toll of your body.

I will pray for you, and hope to "see" more of you on this website.

God bless you......Elizabeth

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Beth,

It's not unusual that when we need to take care of things we just DO it and nevermind the stress and pain. Once things settle again, then we feel all that pain.

Please be gentle with yourself, both physically and otherwise. It may take a while for the fallout in pain to ease a bit. Rest, distract with things that make you smile (video game, movies, laughter with friends), take hot baths or showers, and work for your comfort.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.