Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
To Dr. P.
elizabeth1304 posted:
Hi
I am Beth in AL and use to be on this site all the time. I see my doctor tomorrow and really do not know how to approach him about my question. I am taking 90 hydrocodone pills for FIBROMYALGIA and severe headaches. I had major neck surgery two months ago and just took them for that also. The neck is much better. I want to wean down on them but afraid he will want to "yank" them away if he thinks I am taking only for FM. I am 50 years old and as I get older, I cannot tolerate the pain as well. I hurt all the time and have tried literally everything else but numbing the pain with hyrdocodone is the only thing keeping me sane. I use Lyrica and a dosage of 25 mg of Seroquel (yuck) to help me sleep. I have headaches all the time and cannot get any relief from over the counter meds. Zero relief! Is that an astronomical amount of hydrocodone?
Thanks,Beth
FirstPrevious12NextLast

1wareaglefan responded:
Hey again, Beth....I answered your other post, then when I read this one, I wanted to respond to you again.

I'm also from AL and also take hydrocodone. I was taking darvocet for pain, but it was banned a week ago, so my doctor switched me to hydrocodone.

I'll be interested to see what Dr. P. says to you!

Take care......Elizabeth

elizabeth1304 replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
Where in AL?

elizabeth1304 replied to elizabeth1304's response:
I'm in Northport. Next door to Tuscaloosa

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Beth,

It's unlikely that Dr. Pellegrino will look in here before your doctor's appointment tomorrow, so I hope that others will chime in.

Dr. P will still answer you and at least you'll have that info the next time you see your doc.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

1wareaglefan replied to elizabeth1304's response:
I'm in Montg. You can tell by my user name I'm a War Eagle fan! I guess since you live near Tuscaloosa, you're Bama fan? How about that game Sat.? It was too much for me!!!

Elizabeth

Mark Pellegrino, MD responded:
Hi Beth,

The "right" amount of any prescribed medicine, including opioid meds, is whatever you and your prescribing doctor determine to be the most effective for you. I can't comment on specific doses because everyone is different. Your doctor will be able to determine what's best for your unique situation.

I hope you can keep your FM at a stable baseline, even though you have to keep your FM. :(

Dr. P

FibroMitz replied to Mark Pellegrino, MD's response:
Does anyone have a constant ringing of ears? Is this associated with Fibro?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Mark Pellegrino, MD's response:
LOL! You snuck in on me, Dr. P! :-D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Mark Pellegrino, MD replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I did, Caprice, didn't I ?! Just when you think you know someone's routine.......

I happened to be reading this discussion and I thought, "I might as well just respond now!"

Hi Elizabeth
Sorry I am just getting back to you. I have basically been in the bed since Sunday afternoon. This weather change is yuck for me. Congratulations on your big win this past weekend. I love college football but a friend and I took our girls to the Galleria Saturday. I have one daughter, friend has 3 and took the neighbor's daughter. WOW!
Do you go to a md in your town?
I had to respond to Meesh. Sounded like me years back.
Do you work or stay home? I am on SSD and have been for five years?
Hope you are having a good day? My email address is on my profile. Love to hear from you.
Beth

1wareaglefan replied to elizabeth1304's response:
Hi, Beth....I tried to get to your profile, but couldn't...I don't know what I was doing, actually!

Anyway, I'm sorry you've had a bad weekend. I understand, though. The weather change, plus shopping all day would definitely do it to me.

I have a family doctor here that I've been going to for about 25 years, so he knows me. My pain management dr. is also here. I tried a rheumatologist in B'ham, but he wasn't willing to give me anything for my pain.

I stay home...I'm a retired elementary teacher. The last few years before I was diagnosed, I was working and miserable! I didn't know why I was hurting all the time. But with a job like teaching, there was no stopping to rest or take a break. I'm blessed that I was able to retire when I did.

You never said if you're a Bama fan or not. Since you live in Al., you know the significance of AU going to the national championship...it's never happened before! So, we're all ecstatic!

I guess I'll be talking to you again. Maybe I can figure out how to get to your profile and find your email address.

Take care.....Elizabeth

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
Hi Elizabeth,

To get to Beth's profile (or anyone's) all you need to do is click on their linked name in their post. :-)

(But in looking at Beth's profile, I don't see anything there except a list of her posts.)

1wareaglefan replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks, Caprice....that's what happened when I tried.

Hi Elizabeth
Hope this message finds you. Posting has changed so much over the years. I will try to go in and update my profile. I am a HUGE Bama fan! I graduated from UA in 1983. Congrats to AU for the great season. I am NOT an obnoxious fan at all. If we can't do it, I am all about SEC winning! Do you listen to Paul Finebaum? If so, please tell me if you know "Charles from Reeltown"?
Beth

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.