Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What I feel like with Fibro/CFS+
An_199596 posted:
There are no words in the English language to adaquately discribe the difference in the way I feel each day now than before my fibro/CFS kicked into it's fifth gear but I'll give it a try.
Before I did not acknowledge pain because I was too busy raising 2 children as a single mother (having suffered through a physical/emotional/sexual abuse marriage), God carrying me & my family thru 6 car accidents 2 which I was hurt badly (brain damage, coma 2 and 3 wks), holding a full time job plus a 2nd & 3rd job when necessary, taking care of a very active/suddenly disabled sick mom, dad with serious heart problems, a 2nd mom, and then meeting the love of my life. We married managed to keep 5 children, 11 gchildren excepting with God's help. Then quiting the job I loved for 14 yrs working with active senior adult volunteers & moving 130 miles away to take care of only sibling until her death. George & I have had 14 close members of our family to join each other with Jesus during our first 11 yrs of marriage. In 2001 diagnosed with Fibro/CFS+other problems, my body shut down. Pain, pain, all the time with each movement of my body & when I don't move more pain. Dull pain, sharp pain, aching pain, hurting pain, headaches, backaches, leg aches, feet hurt, toes hurt, leg hurt, neck aches---otherwise whole body aches. Used 4 Rheumotologist, 3 general practicioners who specialzed in fibro (so they said, & now at my ropes end. Christmas time and preparing all gifts, the mountain of stuff we have to take to go out of town for 3 days, doing housework, cooking, ect. Next is the packing. For a few days I will not yell when it hurts so bad to get up out of a chair, I will smile when my mind mixes up, when I begin to get dizzy, when it's pill time. I will not talk about it until George & I come home. Pray all fibro/CFS people have a happy holiday season & remember the reason for the season. Praise the Lord.

jamesii responded:
Hi Jim here on a sat. night in Ark. Your note sounds like a shopping list for disaster. Hey, with Fibro, CFS, and other things-it is a disaster. Welcome to our world of disaster, I mean fibro.

There are over 7 million reported case of fibro and growing rapidly. I think we belong to a very large family.

It appears that you and your family have a lot going on, Even with the pain and confusion of fibro. I hope all goes well, or at least better for you and your family during this most magical season, the celebration of the birth of Jesus. Done my shopping, have my kids and grandkids close by, most of my family are doing well. I think I have already had a blessed Merry Christmas.

I have a lot of the things you mentioned, including several car wrecks. One person was killed in 1 of the wrecks. I thought we would all die in the others.

God bless you and yours with a Merry Christmas and a happy new year. Come back and let us know how your trip and celebration went. It is a priviledge to read how the rest of my fibro family are doing.

God bless, Jim

angelldakota responded:
God bless You on these Holidays and on Your Special Trip...

My God grant you strength to deal with all you are handed.... Remember thru our hard times when we need him most... He is carrying us... And He is never to busy to take care of us and be there for us...

Bless you... Merry Christmas... Safe Trip...

take care... luv... jan/angelldakota

juliepirro responded:
Dear Anon. I went through the same kind of painful hell you've been going through. After trying every drug on the market for my fibromyalgia, m rheumatologist finally found the magic bullet. She prescribed a gel called Voltaren Gel 1% 100 g. As soon as I rubbed it on my sore spots (my hips and my back), the pain went away INSTANTLY. I couldn't believe it. Voltaren was initially created to help people with arthritis in their hands but it helps people with fibromyalgia. I recommended it to 4 different friends who suffer from it and they couldn't believe how quickly it worked to stop their pain. I suggest you talk to your doctor and see what he has to say about it. It's relatively new on the market so not all docs are familiar with it yet, but believer me, IT WORKS! Good luck.

peace1254 replied to juliepirro's response:
Have gotten Voltaren Gel in samples from my Dr, to use for 'tendonitus' which actually turned out to be fibromyalgia. Was diagnosed in August. Have suffered from severe depression all my life but was not treated until about 15 yrs ago. I am a recovering addict and was turned down for disability,but have appealed it. I take Lyrica for fibro and celexa for depression. The dosage for lyrica was increased from 150mgs to 300mgs, but it makes me too sleepy, I just continue with the 150mgs. The celexa is 40mgs which is the highest dosage. Talked to primary about it being increased. Was referred to to psychiatrist/psychologist, she kept me on the same dose for celexa,but gave me 50mgs of seroquell 'to help me sleep'. I took it for one day and ate all day long, and tried to sleep around the clock. That I dont need. Will start therapy this week, but dont see psychologist again 1/11/2011. Have been going to physical therapy and that helps. Massaging painful areas help. I work part time, but I am going to try to get massages at least once amonth.
Hope everyone had a blessed holiday. Went to WS,NC to see my 5 grands, the youngest is 1 mth and the oldest is 16. Have 4 others across the country. I live in Richmond,Va. Looking forward to the mini heat wave at the end of the week. 60 degrees. Yeah!!!!!!! Have a blessed day all.

upanddowninnc replied to peace1254's response:
Good afternoon, all FMily!
Peace1254, I know how much you are looking forward to the "heat wave" that is supposed to come in at the end of this week. I live 10 minutes from W/S, NC and we have 7" of snow/ice right now. The higher temps will definitely be a blessing! 60 sounds like heaven!

peace1254 replied to upanddowninnc's response:
Hi everyone. Went to see the therapist yesterday, and we've finally gotten a handle on what's going on with me. My symptoms are biological and there is a chemical imbalance, also she said that since it's only been 4mths that I've been off illegal drugs, my body is still craving "the high" plus having gone thru menopause, these differant forces in my body are on a collision course. She agreed that the celexa needs changing to something else. I have to call monday to see if I can get another appt before 1/11. She suggested keeping a journal of the days that I "crash". I have been saying that I know that I have nothing to be depressed about so "what's up'. She says I'm too hard on myself. Had alot of pain last nite so I used a Tens machine (patches with electrodes)on the painful areas and felt alot better today. I go to physical therapy today. I usually don't make New Years resolutions, but I am going to get on the treadmill at least 3 times a week to help me mentally as well as physically.
HAVE A GREAT AND BLESSED DAY!!!!!!!!
YES LOOKING FORWORD TO BETTER WEATHER.

Cammie52 responded:
Short of having been able to hold a job for 14 years I hear you. My mother left in 92 a month later my stepmom. In December that same year me and my three chil.dren asked their father to leave as he had become so violent we were all scared. Changed the dead bolts, doweled all the windows so he could not get back in, we kept his mother for a month before I had to take her to his sister. What a mess I was in '93. Things evened out for a few years till my sister called me and asked me to change my flight from the last of the month to ASAP, Why? She was battling cancer for the second time. Her scum of a husband just could not stop smoking around her, around my Dad just anywhere he wanted. Is it wrong to pray for someone to get cancer? She called me in October, she didn't want to bother me but she'd been in the hospital since August and they had finallly decided that she had bone cancer in her spine and pelvis. I spent two long loving months taking care of her and avoiding her husband who liked to threaten me as I will assume he did her. She knew even as the meds increased she just kept telling me why did he have to keep smoking? She passed on in December of 2003 and bless his heart my father passed in 2005. My blessed husband of 15 years took care of everything for two months for her and a month for my Dad so I could go and be with them. I hit only one bad fatigue day while with my sister and none with my Dad who passed just before hurricane Wilma crossed Florida taking with it street light, electricity and practically my sanity. But I had to hold it together cause his wife was busy going bonkers. She wanted milk to go with her cookies and ice cream. Then when we got the generator I had to drive every other day out to the interstate to get gas about an hours away so we could run it. She couldn't quite fathom that the generator would run a fridge and one lamp, she wanted micro, coffee pot, washer and dryer.I am blessed I have had to strength to do many things that I should not have been able to do. However, as I get older the Fibro seems to get worse but like you Fibro/Chronic Fatigue/RLS I have several blown discs in my back with two that are gone completely and my last visit to the Neurosergeon said it was two far gone, surgery would not help. So the pain alternated from body to back and over again. I know how you feel, I have been there, I have three adult children, only two grandchildren and two children still home. The oldest heading for college next year and the youngest graduating in 2013. I am ready for the college bound one to go, she is a challenge to everything I do, but I am blessed by a son who is happy to spend time with his family and has announced to his Dad and I that he will be living with us till he is 48. What is it about sons and daughters. I can't seem to see eye to eye with my two daughters, but I have three sons that are the loves of my life. Bless you friend in all that you do, my Jesus shine his light on you as he has on me to help you get through each day. I had a 20 year nursing career that ended about 10 years ago and I am on Social Security disability, it not much just enough to make me feel some slight independence. Hope tomorrow is better than today and they keep on improving.God bless America.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
462 of 537 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.