Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Eye Issues With Fibro
Zeeni posted:
It has taken years, but I've finally been diagnosed with fibro and am just realizing why I have all these symptoms. My questions is this: How many of you have eye problems? I am having blurry vision, red, irritated eyes and sometimes with broken blood vessels. Is this a symptom of fibro? If so, is there something that can be done? I'm getting to where I can hardly see to read. Any advise is appreciated.

JERRIAYN responded:
I also am having the same symptoms.The optometrist told me I was having beginnings of cataract and the opthamologist said it was extremely dry eye from sjorgens syndrome! artificial tears 5x daily.

An_199604 responded:
Try the "eye oniment", I use it and it is wonderful. I use it twice a day; moring & before bed.

An_199605 responded:
Hi Zeeni,

I found a previous discussion about vision problems that I think you will find very interesting. The link is below.

http://forums.webmd.com/3/fibromyalgia-exchange/forum/16955?@680.c5cgaPhEmbK @

Merry Christmas!

m_davis responded:
I started Savella in Oct of 2009. I febr 2010, I went to the eye doctor, because of some eye problems. My prescription did not change much. I have had problems with my eyes, off and on all year now. Dry, itchy, painfull, head aches, etc... I went back to him at different times. He says I have Ocular Rosacea. I use a gel at night, before bed. Eye drops when needed, and I am taking Doxycycl HYC 50mg, daily. (he says it is an antibiotic) I finally got the tear duct eye plugs, which help, but the eyes have bad days yet. I have to stay out of wind, inside and out. Sometimes sunlight bothers, so wear wrap around sunglasses. Chemical smells can bother my eyes, so I am careful of what I use, and my hubby gets upset when something bothers me, that he is using.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.