Skip to content
Fibro and chills
Choochie9 posted:
I want to thank you for being here. I have suffered from severe chills for a few years now. My family physican keeps telling me it's my hypothyroidism and then tells me the levels are perfect!!! I have terrible back pain and my back/fibro dr have had no answer for the chills. I'm thinking we shouldn't have to educate our doctors!! Anyway, tomorrow, I will head to Penney's (if it is a good walking day) and get an electric heating pad. On Friday, I will bring all of your notes to my doc. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me back my intelligence and learning how to deal with my fibro.

angelswife responded:
Hi Choochie,
I get chills from the Fibromyalgia too. Somehow it affects the part of our brain that controls body temperature (the hippocampus, maybe? Not completely sure.) Anyway, I get cold---it's like it's deep inside---and I have to crawl under my electric blanket. Even with that it can still take several hours to get warm. It is not fun.
I have noticed I can get them worse around my monthly cycle---is it worse for you then too? Just curious. Anyway, good luck with the Dr. appointment. Hope it works out. :-)

live4truth responded:
Hi Choochie, I too suffer with chills all the time sometimes I wear gloves in the house because my hands are so cold. When I lay on the couch My husband covers me up with 2 blankets.
About the back mine feel like I have rocks in it and they move all the time. I am getting ready to go have shot next week the pain is to much. I also use a heating pad. I have some Doctors that seems to be listening to me. I am very thankful for that so far.
I have lots of trouble moving my body of a morning too.
I am so very sorry for you pain.
Do you work out side the home?
Please take care.

vb4Jesus responded:
I too have chills, I am VERY senitive to the cold and I get chills so bad at times I can''t walk or move because I am shaking. I keep 4 blankets on my side of the bed all year long. I often use a hot bath to break the chills that helps with the muscle cramps too.

Wolfsong452 responded:
you should see me when I get the cold chills when I was working at McDonalds.

they couldn't believe me that I had the chills, but still red faced and sweating.

maconmom responded:
I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia for several years. I frequently have what I call "pain chills". I can't warm up and my skin is very sensitive. It's a deep chill along with an ache. However, I also have hot flashes. And I fluctuate. I usually feel different from others around me. I have a blanket at work in case I'm cold and a small fan at my desk for when I am hot. When I am home and chilled, I use a heating pad or soak in a hot bath. The bath also helps to ease sore muscles. Good luck!

Choochie9 replied to vb4Jesus's response:
I get those chills too but I can't get into a bathtub because of my bback. I use all of those blankets! So glad I am not the only one. Thanks for writing.

Choochie9 replied to live4truth's response:
Hi live4truth, Have you been diagnosed with fibromyalgia? It sure sounds like you have what I have! No I was taken out of work many years ago because of a back injury and pain. Then I developed the fibro. Grrr. I just want to be healthy and be able to move around. I am so glad your doctor is listening...terrific. Mine is just giving me lip service on being cold all the time. Thanks for writing back, I sure appreciate it. Have a great summer.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
485 of 560 found this helpful