Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
confused by the complications....
klite3 posted:
geez-help! sometimes my muscle ache gets to feeling so much better-like now-that I wonder if I really have fibro. Now mind you, I am exhausted and have fibro fog-or else something like it. And wow-my stomach seems to be on a war-path of it's own! And yes, I am stiff when I try to stand up but I just am not experiencing the deep ache, burning and pain that I have in the past....don't get it and want to know if others go through this. Don't get me wrong-I am VERY grateful I am not hurting like that-I had a really bad flare up before this.
Also-side note-several months ago my doctor put me on potassium as mine was low-anyone know if that makes a difference for fibro patients?

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome.....MiMi in NC.....I am so glad to hear that you are feeling so much better....so why exactly do you think you have not met the wrath of the dragon? Just because you are having a good day? Are you taking any medicines or vitamins and supplements now? You mention postassium...and I think this would help you with cramps...but I am not sure that it would help with muscle aches and pains...but I guess anything is possible...

I have had this since 2005.....and I have a few good days also...as I have learned how to control my FM pain by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things that also help me cope....

Count your blessings though if you are doing well right now...because you never know when you will be in a flair again....I know that keeping your stress at bay...and learning how not to cross the line helps a lot also...

I also have chronic fatigue along with the wrath of the dragon...and I have not been able to find anything to help me with this....

I hope you will share any information on why you are doing better though....because perhaps this too will help others...

Take care and I hope you continue to feel better...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

klite3 replied to dollbug's response:
I wish I could say I was doing what I should but I am not that is why I am stumped! I haven't been taking my vitamins or supplements as I should, not getting the exercise either. I have been seeing my chiropractor every one to two weeks. This is why I am so confused. Trust me. I am VERY thankful. I had gotten to a point where I wanted to give in to it and go to bed and stay there but I kept going. I must also add that prayer has been much involved and while I believe in the power of prayer....So, do I have fibro or something else? It behooves me that is for sure...continuing to be thankful and praying for no flair ups!

1wareaglefan replied to klite3's response:
Hello, Klite....your doctor did diagnose fibro, right? What you're describing doesn't sound all that unusual to me. Most people have flare ups from time to time, while some people are in constant daily pain to some degree.

It sounds to me (and I'm certainly no expert!) that you'd been having a bad flare, and now it's eased off some. My fibro does that, too. Sometimes when I've overdone it physically or with stress, my pain will be much worse. Then things will get better.

I know you are thankful that you're not in as much pain. I think if you do some reading, you'll find that your symptoms are pretty normal.

I hope this helps.....and that you continue to do well!
Take care.....ELizabeth

sssfletcher replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
I totally agree with Elizabeth....in fact, I am kinda in the same boat as you right now....from mid-August till the end of November things were just simply bad - I felt like it was never gonna end and everything hurt all the time - I felt was living in bed - everything was a chore! Now - for the last 6 weeks, I have been feeling soooo much better! I still feel stiff when I wake up and achy throughout the day as I move from one position to another - I have certain muscles / joints that act up each day but not nearly to the extent that it was....it is tolerable now. I am also tired.....and that is something that I have just learned to live with / work through.

Enjoy the break....I hope it lasts a long time for you!!!!

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
367 of 394 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.