Skip to content
fybro illness depression no help and giving up
joyinhim7777 posted:
I have fybro,copd,chf,sojgrens,arthritis,bipolar manic depressive. have not worked in a year. the co i worked for put me on disability . i filed for ssdi rejected for i cannot comprehend what they need. I am in a fog. I am 54 and have no insurance. Have had to cut down from 11 meds to 4 . it was meds or food. I live on peanut butt. make vegetable soup. drink coffee and wish i could just sleep all the time. I feel destitute and have no support group money or help. So if you can help someone do so. as for me i quit. God will decide what is next for me i do not care anymore

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome.....MiMi in NC...sorry that things are not going better for you right now....but I am sure that you will be able to find something that will help you cope better....

As for the disability....you must keep on keeping on....the system is so broken...if you have worked then you have paid for the benefits if you are no longer to work...and you must continue to fight for them....no...it is not right....but it is the system....not you....are you still drawing the disability that the company put you on? I sure hope so...it the deadline has passed on your appeal...then you need to file again...

I ended up having to contact my county representative about getting the SSD...and eventually I got mine...it took a long time...are the doctors behind you in this? It is important for them to send in all of your paperwork....and this should actually be enough to approve you....

I hope you will read the info under "Tips" and "Resources" to the right of this page...you might find some good things that you can try that perhaps will allow you to cope better....I know it gets rough....but again...we FMers must keep on keeping on....until we get to where we need to be...

I hope that you will perhaps seek local help....I know things are not too good right now...but surely you can get help from perhaps a local church or some other organization....

Take care and good luck....please keep us posted on how things work out for you...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

mjeg1940 responded:
God expects you to keep trying. Don't give up. There is help out there. I volunteer at a Crisis Center , and I help people find resources every day. If you have something like that in your city ,call. You are not alone. I choose to live on very little money, in order to help others. In my case, I live on beans. Contact the mfg. of your medications,and see if they will help you obtain your meds..i will obtain the number for a nationwide drug assistance program and post it for you. Hang in there. Sometimes we have to take one little step at a time, but it will eventually add up.

1wareaglefan responded:
Dear Joy In Him.....your name tells me where your heart is. God will help you. I don't know all the answers, but there has to be some agency you can call for some help. Or call a church (or churches)....they would either be able to help or tell you who to call for assistance.

You do have an awful lot to deal with....there is help for you. Don't give up....ask God to lead and guide you in the direction He wants you go go.

We care about you.....please don't give up....and let us know how you are, ok?

God bless you....ELizabeth

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Joyinhim,

I hope the responses you've already received are helpful to you. There are resources out there for you. As mentioned, contact the manufacturers of your meds as they often have programs to help people get meds for free, based upon their need and income.

Additionally, try looking at http://www.needymeds.org/

And I encourage you to talk with others on our Bipolar Disorder Community ; they may also have some ideas for you.

You are not alone. (((softhugs)))
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

live4truth responded:
You must hang in there, It will get better.

Please make sure you
read and re-read what Dollbug / MIMI-NC
has to say it is all very important.

I do understand how tired you must be with everything. I also read where you said that " God will have to decide what is next for me". Keep depending on him.

Take care Blessings to you

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.