Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
LAURIEKLINE
LAURIEKLINE posted:
I innitially thought I was loosing my mind, I have pain pretty much everywhere (not at once thank god) and like others I always have to look here or to Betsy (an internet person that has tons to offer and helps people find the right doctor) to see if it might be fibro or some fresh hell I haven't got a name for yet. so I am (I guess) glad to see I am not the only one.

Take the Poll

Does anyone else have the sensation of burning skin, it feels like my skin has been scalded, or burned with how water. There are no other manifistations, no rash or red just painful skin.
  • I have never experienced this.
  • I have but it is not related to fibro
  • I have and it is fibro
vote
View Poll Results

angelldakota responded:
hi laurie... no you aren't the only one... only i have it almost like clockwork at the end of day... they say it is mostly neuropathy but i don't believe it and neither do they... it effects too much of my body... they just won't agree that it is FM... .i have read enough to believe it is...

i just had carpal tunnel surgery and surgery to release one of my fingers from being spastic... it burns real bad at night... i need my pain killers at night worse then in the day... but got yelled at for not taking them regularly... i see my surgeon tomorrow and i am sure he will find no problems with the surgery... he knows some about FM and knows i was in a flare when i had surgery... i see my pain management soon too but not soon enough... i think i will call him tomorrow after seeing what he has to say... hope he is back in town... that is why i haven't gotten ahold of him yet... otherwise i will have to leave him another message...

i know how you feel and you aren't nuts... and you aren't alone as you can see...

take care and i hope you feel better... bless you... love... jan

LeahSauter responded:
I have a continuous feeling of burning pain espiecally on my wrists and bottom of my feet. The burning on my feet may be due to small fiber neuropathy, unknown etiology. Taking Lyrica with some relief. Have many joints also affected with Rheumatoid Arthritis though blood work shows up negative. Puzzling to both my Rheumatologist and Orthopedic surgeon who sees obvious signs of arthritis in every MRI taken.

1rmouse replied to LeahSauter's response:
The burning skin is connected with Fibro. As a matter of fact it was one of the first things that bothered me and got me going to the doctor.
Linda R.

Dollbug responded:
Hello Laurie .....MiMi in NC....I, too, use to have this feeling....especially in my feet....but I do not have it as much now...and I think it is due to the vitamins and supplements that I take....have you gotten your Vitamin D level checked yet? If not....please ask your doctor to check it....

I take magnesium and malate combination supplements...and Omegas, Super B Complex, Vitamin D and Calcium plus others...but these are the ones which help my FM pain the most...if I have told you this before....I am sorry....as I can not remember everyone that I reply to....

Anyway....I am sure that you will eventually find something that works for you...

Take care and good luck...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

1rmouse replied to Dollbug's response:
YUP my skin burns in the darndest places. My ankles sometimes, my hips sometimes, the backs of my legs sometimes. This year, it started in Feb., the burning skin is around my rib cage and breasts. I told my OBGYN doctor about it in Aug when I went for my yearly Mamogram, which was fine. She thought that the burning skin I was having interesting, but not connected with anything she deals with. But it's still doing it so am going back in and have them take a look and see if it's any else other than Fibro symptoms.
If it's Fibro I am getting intouch with my Rheumy and see if I can some kind of cream to tone it down.
Soft hugs going out to you,
Linda R. :)

live4truth responded:
I have burning in my feet and in my hips. It is so bad sometimes that all I can do is just rest and pray that it will go away.

I have had 3 surgeries on my right foot and with each time the burning gets worse.

It no fun!

May you all be blessed!

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.