Skip to content
To Caprice
missshortyd posted:
Tonite I was one the welcome board and learned if we google our screen name all our discussions come up and anybody can read them.Nothing is personal

Dollbug responded:
Hello missshortyd and welcome.....MiMi in NC..not Caprice....but I did want to comment.....people would be shocked to know exactly what all is revealed on the internet....it is all for just being able to look and find.....almost anything....someone told me one time that they could find things that a person would not even imagine....and then proceeded to do exactly what I had no idea was even possible...

You are so correct....nothing....nothing is personal....but I guess this is what the internet is all about....as I have said before....you never know who is going to read what you type...and you never know who is on the other end....either posting or reading...and sometimes...it is not what you might think....

I know that locally in NC...this is how a lot of criminals are caught....no joke to that....and the funny thing is....that it is the law who is posing as someone else....who would have thought this might be lawful?

Again....we must remember this when posting anything on the computer....that why I do not put anything that might cause me problems....if you do not want anyone and everyone to read it....then you might think twice before typing it....

Take care...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Missshortyd,

Yes, our communities (other than those created to be invitation-only) are public and so they would be searchable with any search engine. It's not password protected so is not private.

This is why it's always important that wherever you go online - here at WebMD or elsewhere - you protect your own information by using anonymous screen names (such as my own), no sharing of last names, etc. And any time our members share more than they should such as phone numbers and snail mail addresses, we remove such posts.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.