Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
To anyone or Dr. P
TheLordIsPowerfull posted:
I have Fibro for about 4 years know and yes I understand for the mothers who have kids. I have two kids of my own and I feel the pain tired depressed not feeling to do anything, I feel bad for kids i hear mothers saying yes we are going sleding etc,

I have bad anxiety and hade that for about 6 years and still have not taken care of that, I keep telling myself it will get better I am 32 years old but I keep hearing from people. (oh girl by the time you turn 40 your going to be in a wheel chair) So know I am so so scared cause I am like can fibro does this is that true oh lord please help me, I have a husband who is so understanding and cares so much what's going on. I belive alot of my fibro comes from my depression and anxiety.

I turn to diffrent Dr. and say this and that but they say no that can't happen but your not in body my legs feel heavy I feel my arms heavy I don't take anything but Muscle Rexler I perfer to take Vitamins is there anyone out there that used Vitamins instead of Meds that feel that helped. I really don't know how to use a computer but i have a email address you can email me at ThePrFamily@comcast.net . I also have a blood disorder cause I hade so many miscarrigages so my blood is kind of thick so I take baby Asprini to keep it kind of thin which is fine. but please someone tell me could I die from this or be in a wheel chair did it happen to anyone. I tryed taking meds but they make me dizzie and I have no clue why. Thank you for listening God Bless THELORDISPOWERFULL
FirstPrevious12NextLast

angelswife responded:
Watch for posts from Dollbug---she has learned to manage her Fibro with vitamins and supplements. I'm sure she will chime in soon!

In the meantime, check out the links to the right, especially the ones for Member Toolbox and Vitamins and Minerals. There is a lot of good stuff there.

Have you asked your doctor to check your Vitamin D levels? A lot of people with Fibromyalgia have low levels of it, which can make us feel worse. If your doctor will not pay attention, then find one who does.

You CANNOT die from Fibro. It is not a disease, meaning it doesn't kill you. It is a condition that must be managed, and it takes a lot of time and patience to find the right things. But it is NOT fatal.

Everyone is different, and what works for me may not work for you. Anything you do try must be used for 6-8 weeks to see if it works, especially the natural stuff. It is a lot of trial and error. And yes, stress can make the symptoms worse; so that must be managed as well.

I am sure others will be adding their own advice shortly. In the meantime, welcome. This is a great group of people that really understands. You are not alone.

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome....MiMi in NC....(aka Dollbug) I am one of the FMers here who has learned how to "control my FM pain with vitamins and supplements"...plus doing other things as well....I did try several different kinds of medicines in the beginning...but did not find one which really helped me without causing side effects....it took me a long time to find a combination of things....but I finally figured it out....I take a magnesium and malate combination supplement (found at Vitamin stores) Omegas, (Fish Oil, Krill Oil and Salmon) Super B Complex, Vitamin D, Calcium and others...as I have other health issues...

It is really important for a lot of us to get our Vitamin D level checked....which is just a simple blood test...but you MUST ASK the doctor to run it....as it is not one of the tests included in the normal bloodwork....it is common for a lot of people to have low Vitamin D and this alone can cause additional pain for some of us....

I am sure that you will find something that will help you cope also....it is just a matter of doing a trial and error process to see what your body needs....there are no quick fixes though....it takes at least 6-8 weeks before you need to decide if what you are trying is helping you....

I hope you will read the info under "Tips" and "Resources" to the right of this page....it will give you some good "tools and tips" to try....that may help you cope better...be sure and read the "member toolbox" and "nutrition and vitamins" ....

I hope you will post often, ask questions, make comments and/or suggestions....

Take care and good luck...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

TheLordIsPowerfull replied to dollbug's response:
Thank you for your feed back yes I am new here today is my first day and I love reading everyone stories everyone seems very nice. I am going to take your advice on the Vitaminis I like going to whole foods where I think there stuff is all natural. Thank you so much I'am new on this so if I don't respond back please don't take it the wrong way I am new.

But is it true what my friends are saying that fibro can put you in a wheel chair cause really that's my only down fall thinking of that all the time I was homeless for almost three months and the house I moved into has alot of steps ever since I moved in here my legs feel so heavy I feel so tired and I hade fibro for about 5 years and this is the worse. so the one thing is I know I have to move. I would love to take Vitamins plus they are good for you.

And yes my vitaminin D is low I have been on Vitaminin D for almost three years and it's the same I tell my doc to increase it but the say it's in the low normal range I hade my thyroid removed on my left side with a spetic of cancer so I hade a lot on my plate but also I put alot of my familys issues on my shoulders to.

I don't know how to say no and my family meaning my husband and kids get mad at me a say your to nice. Well thank you again.

But did you every hear anyone from fibro in a wheel chair or anything worse. Also I suffer from bad anxiety that I wont even travel far anymore and I need to stop that for my kids. I need to learn more about what's going on with my and foucs on myself for my kids and husband.

Renee_isms replied to TheLordIsPowerfull's response:
I'm new here as well but an old hand at Fibro. Only one time was I ever close to being confined to a wheelchair and that was an 8 month period of being bed ridden right before I was diagnosed. The panic attacks and anxiety that I was suffering was situational due to not knowing what the heck was going on with my body. I felt like I was dying because of the horrible pain, I just knew I had some horrible disease that was killing me and the drs and hospitals were missing somehow. Take a deep breath, you aren't dying and no, you probably won't end up in a wheel chair until you're in your 90's and need someone to change your adult diapers. At that point, you won't mind the wheelchair anyway.

The anxiety that you feel about traveling very far from the house is pretty common from what I've read and seen. I have a support group that I run (HA! no pun intended..we RUN no where! LOL) and most of our members have lost the desire to go out much. I say "desire" to because most, if not all, are able to but because it takes alot of energy, most don't really want to leave the house much.

I know lately I'm going thru a really tough period again because I was just recently diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome in addition to the Fibro that I was diagnosed with about 3 years ago. For some reason, that's sent me for a bit of a loop. I know me and I'll take a minute to feel sorry for myself, pull up my big girl panties and get back in the game.

Don't worry so much about being in a wheelchair later in life, you'll stress yourself out needlessly. Instead focus on the silver lining! *trying to think of silver lining...* Ok, well you can run over peoples toes if you get bored! You can let go of the brakes on a downhill slope and then tell your hubby to keep up chuck (or whatever his name is)! ...see? the possibilities are endless!
*hugs*
Renee`

annette030 responded:
FMS does not cause death or the need for a wheelchair. Your muscles may become deconditioned due to not using them, so start using them more, but very slowly.

Go do some reading at a legit medical site about FMS. Learn more about your illness so you won't be so afraid of it.

My favorite medical site for info about FMS is http://www.myalgia.com . Check it out and keep in touch.

Take care, Annette

TheLordIsPowerfull replied to Renee_isms's response:
Oh thank you that was so nice to hear such postivie words, what did you have to do to find out that you hade fatigue syndrome is that something like fating all the time. Cause i Have that I feel dizzie all the time but most cause I am stressed out I was homeless and know I have to move again, Your to funny I like the way you talk your so postivie god bless you. someone told me by the time I am 40 I will be in a wheel chair but your right don't worry about that. I am 32 girl and I am going to keep going. thank you god bless.

TheLordIsPowerfull replied to annette030's response:
Thank you it's nice to hear from postivie people I am new here but sometimes get scared coming on the site hearing peoples story cause I suffer from anxiety and depression and take everything to the head if that happens to her then it can happen to me.

Thank you annette for your feedback. god bless.

KDee77 responded:
Hi,

I just felt I had to reply to your post. You saying you have not taken care of the anxiety makes me sad. I think I would start there, if I were you - six years is far too long to struggle with that, and depression makes pain worse, trust me. Once you deal with the anxiety & depression, your mind will be able to focus on the positives in your life and you won't feel so panicked. You will think more clearly and rationally - at least that is my experience.

Yes, you have to modify your activities with your kids, on a day by day basis, depending on your energy level, etc. However, kids are very resilient and understanding. My kids are older, but I started with age-appropriate ways for them to help me when I was first diagnosed. The best thing to come from that was helping mom increased their self-esteem - makes them feel important! Plus, we have fun working at things together. I have always dealt with humor with my kids so that they will hopefully find joys in the little things. We joke about me not being able to open a jar and how much stronger they are than me!

You are very blessed with an understanding husband. If you could read the posts from others wondering how to get their family to understand it is not "all in their head," you would know what I mean. Take strength from him and appreciate the good things you have going on for you, because you do have good things in your life.

I am a "life is what you make it" kind of person, especially since I was diagnosed with FM. My life of stress is what led me to this condition...not really worth it in the end. I work every day to let things go. If I give all my energy to stress and things beyond my control, I have less energy for my family. Plus, I am very stubborn and refuse to give power to the negative influences life presents us! It is all day by day...

I hope I haven't offended you with anything I have said. I just feel for you and wondered if my experiences might shed a different light.

Take care and wishing you good days...

KDee

annette030 replied to TheLordIsPowerfull's response:
I have used a couple of books to help me with depression (cured it) and coping with chronic pain.

They are "Feeling Good", by Dr. David Burns, MD and "Managing Pain Before It Manages You" by Dr. Caudill, MD, PhD. Both books are good reads if only to learn more about how your brain and body work. Both have forms you can tear out and copy to use to track your progress.

Cognitive behavioral therapy is discussed primarily in "Feeling Good", I feel it is the best way to learn to control depression and anxiety, and other emotional issues. You can use it with or without meds or a therapist, that is up to you. Both books are available in paperback through Borders or one of the large chain bookstores or on line. I didn't pay more than $20-30 for either one of them.

Keep in touch.

Take care, Annette

pixe5 replied to annette030's response:
Hi,

I want to recommend another book: Fibromaylgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome : A Survival Guide by Mary Ellen Copeland. She mostly writes about mental health issues, but since she has fibro herself, she writes about that, too.

Unfortunately, I lost mine in all the clutter here. I better start looking because I need some help now, too!

Pixie

angelldakota responded:
Dear The THELORDISPOWERFULL ...

That name says it all Hun... And it is His power that carries me thru...

I am in as wheelchair but it isn't the FM that put me here... My MS had me here about 30 years ago... And I am not permanently in a wheelchair yet... I use it to sit in... to go to appointments in... and on my extremely bad days...

Exercise has kept me going... Stretches before the major exercising... and the major exercising only limited by ability... but I don't limit it by... "stop when it hurts"... Or I wouldn't be able to do anything lol... I go so I don't hurt bad... I know my limits... and if I go too far I am reminded of my limit for It isn't much... I listen the next time... I do exercise about 4 to 5 times a day... especially my legs... and hands... 6 times now that I have had carpal tunnel surgery and surgery to release my spastic fingers on the same hand... and the other is due for it soon...

Those steps you may be climbing just might be helping you... I climb stairs and slanted driveways with my cane... I have to walk semi sideways especially if the ramp or driveway is inclined... It is easier on my legs and my back damage... It doesn't put all the pressure on my feet either...

One of my main excersises to help in the heaviness in my legs are standing on my toes then on my heals... and back and forth... It gets your blood flowing better and helps make them feel less heavy... I always stretch by moving my feet side to side on the floor and lifting them in the air about 3 inches and going side to side... Then I am ready to do the hard stuff... and standing to do the tip toe up and heal up is the hard thing for me... But very worth it... I can feel the better circulation before I am done... I do 50 in intervals of 10... not bad for a 53 yr old gymp lol... The Drs are happy every time I walk with my crutches into their office... I can't do it now yet due to the surgery on my hand but soon... I still walk funny... but that's my MS...

Yes the Lord Is Powerful... I gave birth to 4
children after being told I couldn't due to MS... or shouldn't... One was still born and one I almost lost... but I have 3 awesome sons and a wonderful daughter... and all are very supporting and loving...

I have been working on this what seems forever lol... I am sorry it took forever... I hope you are still out there... hope you are feeling better...
Take care... Bless you... Love in Christ... Jan

TheLordIsPowerfull replied to angelldakota's response:
Thank you, I am so happy that you gave birth to four kids good for you, That was the lord telling you that you can indeed have kids god bless them, Yes I just have to learn how to deal with my anxiety and depression and once I can do that then I am on a go plan, besides that I have great people around me and with the blessings of the lord I am always smiling and laughing so what does that say I am a very happy person thanks to my lord.

Again god bless you and many wishes and that's right be strong but I have to say these steps was alot for me it was to much I have a three story house and all steps I understand if I only hade to go up like 8-9 steps but mine is more like 11-13 not good for me. LOL I know I am young but at least my husband and kids say it to these steps are killing me. LOL I love my familly very much.

ok take care god bless.

TheLordIsPowerfull replied to KDee77's response:
What do you mean I have not taken care of my anxiety I tired everything I have storys behide it I have PTSD, as well but no I did not take it the wrong way thank you for what you said. your right I have to work on it cause if not it will take over me. At this time I am moving again I only been at my new house for four months cause of my steps not just 9 steps in total I am talking about 21 steps total in my home even my kids and husbands say wow I can't do this anymore so I am not the only only. But besides that Yes I need help with anxiety and don't know how to control my racing thoughts and getting stick in traffice it's alot and I am trying very very very hard but the lord is with me. Thanks for your respond it was nice and thanks for being tough with me. If you every want to email me talk a side my email address is ThePrFamily@comcast.net My name is Maria. Thanks and god bless.

KDee77 replied to TheLordIsPowerfull's response:
Oh hun! I didn't mean for you to read that the wrong way!!! I was responding to your comment "I have bad anxiety and hade that for about 6 years and still have not taken care of that, I keep telling myself it will get better." I just felt badly for you that you said you are suffering. I was there too and cannot believe how much better I feel since I was treated for my depression--but that is my story only.

You need to do what works for you, as anyone here will tell you. I know that you have pain and stressors - that is what is so great about this community - we all understand what you are talking about.

I honestly wasn't trying to be tough with you, just passing on some tips that helped me out. I focus on positives because that is what helps me get through each day. We all have to find our own ways to deal with our own situation, though.

I hope your move goes well. Peace and love to you.

Take care and wishing you good days...

KDee

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.