Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday Feb 10, 2011
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC....and I am up much too early this morning again....do not have another trip to go to....and what a very long and hard day it was yesterday....another court date at the end of the month....but I did get to see my granddaughter briefly....my son and I went to the school she is attending or suppose to be attending...and she was not there...so I told my son that I was going to check on her....she has missed 14 days, actually I guess yesterday was 15th day for her....I was totally shocked when I went to the apartment that she stays in and some strange man, whom I did not know, answered the door...she saw me though and yelled MiMi, MiMi and tried to get to me...but this man restrained her...and shut the door...

So as anyone can imagine...we had words...he demanded that I leave or he would call 911....I told him he should do that...and he did...and then I checked to make sure he did...he was a jerk, to say the least...

I am so worried about my granddaughter....but at least she nows realizes that whatever she was told about MiMi....that it not true...
I am glad that I went....as I also went back to the Police station and talked to the Captain there...interesting thing.....something must happen to a child before anyone will do anything about it...so very sad....I guess this is why there is so many bad things which happen to children....because no one can address things which go on...

So I will just continue to pray for her....as she is a sweet little girt....and I will continue to hope for the best....I know exactly what this little one is going through though...and it breaks my heart to know that she is experiencing the same kind of life that I was exposed to..
one would think that because her mother was abused as a child that she would take more precautions with her own child...but I guess this is not the case for this person...so very sad...

Thank you to those who sent prayers and thoughts my way....as I do know that they helped...the saga continues though...and I intend to share my thoughts with the lawmakers....so that they, too, will know just how children have become the little victims....

Here is hoping everyone has a good day....we have a dusting of snow here...and it is so very strange that the temps are suppose to be in the high 50's and low 60's for a few days....very strange weather....
I am thankful that we did not get any more snow than we did...and surely it will not be here long...

Welcome to the new members who have joined this unique FM support group....I did notice that FM is in the news this morning...so more exposure for those who do not have a clue about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this first double digit day in Feb, 2011....just a few days until Valentines....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good morning, Mimi!
I'm sorry things didn't go better for you yesterday---what a heartbreaking thing to have to go through. I am sending hugs your way.

Unfortunately, a lot of people who were abused as children go on to repeat the same behavior with their own children. They don't come to realize things could be different. Both my parents were abused and they passed it on because they didn't know...I made a decision not to have children myself because of this. I learned too many of the wrong things and it would have been too easy to pass them on, so I decided it stops with me. I'm sorry you have to see that---I do know how sad it is.

I am laying low today---I took a bad fall in someone's driveway yesterday and sprained my knee, so I will not be doing much for a bit. I toughed it out yesterday because I was helping a friend clean houses, (we really do need the money) but today I am barely hobbling around. I was supposed to help someone move some furniture but have cancelled that, and now only have to drive one lady to her doctor later on. I am glad for the rest, as I really do need it---yesterday was brutal. Fortunately my knee is the only thing really screaming---the rest of me is bearable.

I hope you have a peaceful day today---it sounds like you really need it. I am keeping you in my prayers, and your granddaughter too. XO

1rmouse responded:
Mimi, the words are hard to find that will express how very sad I am that you had to endure so much yesterday. I had hoped that the judge would have been able to make a ruling and that you and your son would be able to see and have your little one from yesterday on. I am very sad that, that did not happen.

And as for seeing your little grand daughter but being unable to hold or speak to her is heartbreakingly sad to hear. Who ever that man is I hope, in some way, he is reprimanded by the judge, or the police, for not allowing you to visit with YOUR grand daughter. And I hope your son's ex is also! And yes, at least the little one knows her MiMi loves her and tried to see her. My prayers and thoughts are with you more than ever today.

Well the storm that dropped 2.5 inches of snow left our area last night and east, your way. Hope it didn't leave too much snow in your area. We are dealing a bitter cold this a.m. I think it's 9 degrees. I know it felt like it last night. I really am ready for a warm up. The weather people here say that by Wed of next week it could be as warm as 60 degrees. Dare I hope?

I think I will close this here, it's early, I need my morning cup of tea and honestly I am just at a lose for things to talk about.

Soft hugs going out to all this a.m.

Linda R.

1rmouse replied to angelswife's response:
Angelswife, Oh I am so sorry to hear about your fall yesterday. Please do take it easy and rest your knee as much as you can today. Let us know how it's going.

Soft hugs going out your way.

Linda R. : )

fibroinsd responded:
Mimi....so sorry this goes on and on...I do assume someone has called Child Protective Services...and I think about a private investigator...and perhaps a note from the school that she has not been going...sounds awful...I wish I had an answer..I will keep praying too.

Angelswife...so sorry about your fall...hope you feel better soon...hugs to you..

Linda, I do hope things warm up soon...

I hate to say this...but looks like the next few days will be nice around here...(I almost feel guilty about it !!!)....I am in a cleaning mood these days...cleaned out one cupboard yesterday, and have another one planned for today..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

angelldakota responded:
Hi All... Happy Thursday... finding this week almost over again and I got lost all the way thru it lol...

Mimi it must have been so heartbreaking to see your little one and not be able to hold her or give her a short kiss... How evil this world can be... It is good she wanted her Mimi tho...

The last time I seen my daughters kids I couldn't talk to them or even wave at them... They were standing there in tears crying for the 3 of us and it was so sad... Why they had to be there at all was beyond me... They could have brought them down when we weren't there... I swear they wanted to see another reaction... lone and behold they wanted us... but it didn't seem to matter in the long run what those babies wanted or want...

I will keep praying for you and your family... Bless you all...

Angelswife... I hope your fall didn't do much damage and you can recover quickly... Falls can be detrimental to our health you know... lol... we must try not to do that... I should talk... LOL... take care and get better real soon...

I posted earlier... not really in the mood to go on about anything else... I hope I didn't post it twice... I might have been brain dead and did... for some reason it came back to me or I never sent it... can't figure it out...

Well I have to go get ready for some appointments... I should call in and cop out on them but need meds and they can't be called in... or she doesn't like to call them in... So I will take my migraine out into the windy cool and sunny blasting day and hurt myself...

thanks for being here...
Take care... Bless you... Love in Christ... Jan

dollbug replied to angelldakota's response:
Thank you ladies....again for all of the comments....I am so sad that things did not go better.....I was shocked to learn that a Police Captain told me that he thought it was ok for a 6 year old to be left alone in an apartment or house for 15-20 minutes....(?) I disagree with this 100%.....so what is the difference in leaving children in cars? No....I would never do this....I have directed this Captain a question though....as he said he did have children...so I did ask him, it he were placed in the same situation as my son has been....exactly what would he do? I do not expect an answer though...we will see though...

Angelswife, I am so sorry that you fell....it will probably take some time for you to mend...so try to allow this to happen...and do what you think is best....it is so hard to deal with knees....as I have had 4 knee surgeries on the right one..and my left one is not any better....(doctor said I needed surgery on it...and I laughed) told him that when I was pushed into the office because I could not walk...then we would "talk" about it....not until...so I just continue to take joint supplements and get the injections when needed....and I keep trucking along....as I only have 40 % usage in the right leg...most people have 99 % in each one....

The snow is melting....as we did not have much and it is going to be really nice weather for the next 5 days....yes....I will definitely take this....around 60*....nice....

Again...here is hoping everyone will have a good day....what is left of it...

Take care..

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

1rmouse replied to dollbug's response:
MiMi, you and I think alike as I have never, would never leave my 6 year children or grandchildren home alone for even a minute. I always make them come with me to where ever it is I needed to skip out to. The police captian is an idiot for saying it was alright to do otherwise.

Glad the snow was nothing much, same here as it has all but melted away and yes, we too will be happy to have warm temps for awhile next week.
Soft hugs, and special feel better soon to Angelswife, going out.

Linda R.

1wareaglefan responded:
Mimi, I wanted to add my concern to what the others have expressed. It breaks my heart to hear about what you and your family are having to go through. I am praying for you all.

ANgelswife, I think I sent a response to your other post or was it to Jan?....listen to me! I don't know what I'm doing anymore! Anyway I hope you both get some relief.

Cece, you always sound so upbeat! While you're in that cleaning mood, how about coming over this way and help me out! I want to do it, I just need the get-up-and-go to get moving!

Linda, you're in TN, right? My brother lives in Knoxville, and I know that y'all aren't used to this snow and cold. I can't imagine 9 degrees! I hear it is supposed to warm up for most of us, so that's good.

I'm more uncomfortable than usual....I guess because of the cold. Even here in AL, we're seeing colder temps lately. I've become attached to my heated throw and my cat, who also loves it!

Take care, everyone....and God bless all.....Elizabeth

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to dollbug's response:
My heart is just breaking for your granddaughter, MiMi. ((((softhugs)))) We have a child in my extended family who was at risk for a while (and is now safe) and I know the heartbreak involved.

I hope the situation improves sooner rather than later.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

elizabeth1304 responded:
Hi MiMi
It's Beth in AL and I am so sorry about your granddaughter. She needs you and you want her and you are fighting for her! I will pray for her and for you during this.
take care
Beth

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.