Alkaline Water
poprox2nv posted:
Hello my fibro family.... It has been a long time since I posted here, I hope you are all doing well! I wanted to share something with you... I have a co-worker whom I was talking with the other day... I had a flare that had lasted over 2 weeks.. I was at my wits end. Those of you that know me, know that sometimes I struggle with the simplest of things... My pain has taken my music career from me (I can no longer play drums...hurts too bad), fibro has take jobs from me...and nearly cost me the most amazing woman I have ever met. I have been drinking "Alkaline water" with a pH of 9.5 for about 2 weeks now...and honestly I have noticed a difference in how I feel. I am not promoting anything...not selling anything...just wondering if anybody out there has tried this, and what were your results? My co-worker has an "alkalizer" on his home faucet and he has been bringing the water to me. Appearantly this water has about a 3 day shelf life. I have been drinking about 3/4 of a gallon of it every day, I feel like it is..well to put it bluntly..."wetter Water"... I REALLY feel hydrated, and my muscles feel like they are well "lubed"... I dunno.. I will keep ya'll posted! Lemme know if any of you have tried it and how it worked! Gentle Hugs to you all...

Take the Poll

Have you tried "Alkaline Water?" Did it help your pain?
  • yes
  • no
  • yes
  • no
vote
View Poll Results

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm wondering if it's possible you're just simply drinking more water now and being well-hydrated - always a good thing - is making you feel better. Either way, I'm glad you feel it's helping you. And hey, if your co-worker is giving this to you for free, then it sure can't hurt.

To research this a bit do a google search on it and avoid looking at websites which have something to gain by telling you it's good for you.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

flintface responded:
Hey poprox2nv,

My wife has recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Have you still been seeing positive effects from this water? Looking for possible solutions.

Thanks

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to flintface's response:
Hi Flintface,

This is not the direction I'd encourage you to pursue for your wife's Fibromyalgia.

You may want to start a new discussion on the board to introduce yourself and ask some questions. To do that, hold your cursor over the orange Post Now button on the upper right and choose 'Discussion' from the drop down menu which appears. Fill in the subject line and body of the message (you can ignore the poll part if you want) and Submit.

And while you're waiting for responses, do some reading on the board. There is a lot of good info here.

Currently, there is no cure for Fibromyalgia, but it is possible to take steps to lessen the pain and fatigue or at least manage it.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

booch007 responded:
I wish to place a flag on this.

There is alot of theory of alkalyzing your body to help. You can do this by being on a green veggie diet and less proteins. BUT to drink so much pH altered water I have to say is challenging your kidney's.

Your kidneys are reponsible for maintaining pH in the Bicarbonate form and I wonder if that is what you are doing with the water. The system I bet adds bicarb into the picture. NaHco3 (sodium bicarbonate) is loaded with salt and it is a problem in the long run for you.

Read up on an alkalyzing diet for help with the muscles. It is tricky, I was told to aim for this myself and I am a green diet person most of the time. I am also high functioning. When he was turning me green and hydrating me with **plain water, I felt a loosening of the muscles and a hydration/lubed effect. It was how much water I finally was drinking. (nothing but water)

We all seem to live in a dehydrated state and to really hydrate the body it takes time and effort. Again the body will only allow a certain volume balance before it dumps to the kidney. So in order to catch up..it takes weeks to hold on to and use what you need.

So, I am not for this, like I am not for using Bicarb Soda for a stomach ache, or Alka seltzer for a headache.....it asks too much of your body to clear the rest of the chemicals you take in.

For every action there is a reaction......so I am red flagging this. Read up on alkalyzing. Hope you have good kidneys.

There are always people who will come and say "this is what worked for me...and who knows what is really up with them. Becareful........good luck, Nancy B

momof4kids replied to flintface's response:
alkaline water does help to cure fibro pain and many other ailments, just make sure you choose a quality ionizer like enagics kangen water. there are major differances in the differant brands, i currently own a sd501 by enagic and i LOVE it , its the best thing ive bought!