Skip to content
neverending groin muscle pain
resttheweary posted:
I've had fibro for 2 yrs. After the birth of my second daughter, she's now 2, i have had a constant strain on my groin muscle. I can turn just the slightest way and re-pull it. Of course i've lost most of my ability to lift anything heavy, due to the fibro, but i can literally not get this muscle pain to go away. Every step i take is so painful, not to mention the fits my two toddlers give me!
Anyone else have this? I am already on pain-killers, they don't touch the muscle pain, just make me not care so much. The research i have done so far suggests a labrel tear. I don't know. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thank you.

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome.....MiMi in NC....I just wanted to tell you that I, too, had some groin pain....and mine was coming from my parathyroid....I do not know if your doctor has checked your blood calcium level...but you might want him/her to do so...You might also want to read up on parathyroid...just google it...and you can read all about this..

I do want to say though...that I had a tough time...trying to get my doctor to help me....if you are interested in knowing about my ordeal with this....go to the following links and read them...
Wrath of the Dragon : Support Group
Vitamin D and Pain: Support Group

I have told my story too many times now...but I finally put it on my sites....

I would also like to encourage you to be sure and ask the doctor to check your Vitamin D level.....which is so important for a lot of people....Low Vitamin D can additional pain by itself...it is a simple blood test...but you MUST ASK the doctor to check it...

I hope that you will find out what is causing your groin pain...since I have been there done that...and I know how it feels...

Take care and good luck...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Marylyce responded:
I have that feeling too. I hate it. Its new to me. Nothing seems to touch it for me either. I never heard of a labrel tear and it sounds painful. I only take nabumetone which is a prescribed ibuprofen and a muscle relaxant at night. My kids are grown but I did have fibro when one was 9 and the older one 11. I had SI joint pain mostly. Then one day it went after being on Prozac for 8 weeks. That was in 1992. Then I had it again in 2004 for a few months and again now.

An_199895 responded:
Have you asked your Dr. about this? If it is in the muscle, I would think the Dr. would suggest or prescribe a muscle relaxer, because as you stated, a pain pill doesn't really help.

I believe if the muscle was relaxed, and didn't pull as you turned eventually it would possibly help. I have no idea what a
labrel tear is.

An_199896 responded:
Out of curiosity, I googled labrel tear, and I got it spelled as "labral" tear. If it is the same thing, the link I read (mayo clinic) said it is from a hip injury or problem And a person feels groin pain.

It also said the hip joint or socket clicks and pops? Common in people in contact sports, ice hockey, skating, etc. Or a car accident.

It mentioned physical therapy as treatment. I would definetely ask the Dr. about it, especially running after two toddlers.

resttheweary replied to An_199895's response:
Yes, i've mentioned several times to him and he's seen me walking with a cane. He suggested x-rays of my hip, but since the pain radiates all around the groin area, i saw no need for an x-ray, i'm sure there is no break and a muscle tear wouldn't show up on it anyway, so i didn't get it done. I think he is looking out for my best interest, i'm on heavy pain-killers round the clock and anti-anxiety meds, plus anti depressants as well. As far as i know a labral tear is just something to do with a muscle near the hip. I also have to take into account that i HAVE to be on my toes all day every day, due to my 2 and 3 yr old children, another reason i doubt he'd recommend a muscle relaxer, though i'm sure it would help.

resttheweary replied to An_199896's response:
Yes, i figured i spelled it wrong lol. But the only thing that has been a constant is the continual all day running and picking up of my two toddlers. And i found out i was pregnant with my second when my first was only 5 months old, so i had terrible pinched nerves and muscle pain then, too. My doc recommends rest, which of course is hilarious considering my job as a mom, so i just have to deal with it i guess!

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.