Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF **Roll Call ***New members also **
Dollbug posted:
A good morning to each of you.....MiMi in NC...where it is going to be a nice springtime day.....yes....I am looking forward to feeling the warm sunshine....good natural Vitamin D is so very good for our bodies, our minds and our spirits as well....I think we all need this kind of unity....to feel so much better..

New members....welcome....each Friday...we have TGIF..Roll Call...we ask that everyone who cares to...to check in and give us an update on how things are going for you....sometimes it is hard for members to post each and every day...but that is ok...just post when you can....we would like for everyone to try to check on Fridays though if at all possible...as this is our catch up day....we end the week and begin our week-end....and we would like to hear from you...
I would also like to remind new members that there is a place to put more about yourself....click on "my community profile" and this will take you to a place where you can share whatever you care to with the rest of your FMily....you can also read other profiles by clicking on their user name..(if they have one)

Here is hoping each of you had a good, restful and peaceful night's sleep....and I hope that today will be a good day for all...

Nothing much going on with me....but I am glad to know that today is Friday...I hope that it will soon be ok to plant some flowers....I got some a couple of weeks ago and due to weather changes....I still have not planted them....

Have a good week-end.....and count your blessings....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
What I thought would be a fast cleanup yesterday turned into a three-hour raking marathon---not quite what I expected! I am feeling rather tired and sore today; but it still felt good to get out and do something. I will be putting all my tools back in the van this weekend, as I have two spring cleanups next week. I scheduled them a couple of days apart so I can rest in between.

Not much on the schedule for today. I may get out and take a walk later---it's going to be sunny and in the 50s. I will be curling up with my journal this morning to keep the nagging mental clutter from taking over my brain, as I'm feeling a bit blue...The various financial worries are popping up and I don't feel like renting out "head space", lol. If I let them in they'd take over the whole place, and I wouldn't have room for anything else!

Time to sign off---I feel a headache coming on, and it's time for some breakfast. Hope everyone has a good day! :-)

1rmouse responded:
Good Morning Everyone. Not much going on here. My sunshine is gone today but it's still warm. I guess the clouds mean rain sometime today. ;( Sorry MiMi it looks like you may get 'my' rain. But I still have the doors open so that's nice after so many months of having the closed.

Angelswife, sorry about the clean up taking so long. I know how tired you must be. Also, I hope by now the headache has left. And I just spend 2 hours arranging our bills, holding some and sending less to others, so we'd have a bit more to live on this week. It is so hard to make ends met when just as I do some one thing moves them.

But having said that, I can finally see a light at the end of our financial tunnel, but it's taken us, my DH and me, 2 years to doing without, living on a budget of a few dollars a days to see it.

As a once proud Boomer I never looked beyond my financial nose. I was the Ant who didn't prepare for Winter. Sure isn't me these days. Now I look months ahead so there will be no financial surprise coming at me. I can't begin to tell you what the stress of the last two years has done to my health, which was terrible 3 years ago. I hope things begin to get better for you.

The redness and swelling from the Shingles vaccine shot is all but gone now. I was warned there could a side effect, but 8 days later and my upper left arm is still red?

The nurses who give me my weekly allergy shot said the nurse @ my PCP office, who gave me the Shingles shot, put it in soft tissue rather than in hard muscle so that might have been a cause of the 'bad' reaction. ;(

The sunshine yesterday made me forget the FMS symptoms I had the day before so am feeling okay this a.m. I was able to drift right off to sleep last night after getting home from my grandson's little league game. :)

I will be getting the smallest grandchildren, ages 2 and 4, early Sat morning so their mom and dad can have a 'date night'. I am hoping to have a 'date night' tonight :) and go out and see a movie and then have dinner afterwards.

Except for some errands my day will be a slow one, but I guess I should get it started about now. So will close this here. Hoping everyone has a great, painless and carefree day.

Soft hugs going out to you .

Linda R.

fibroinsd responded:
Just popping in to say Good Morning...The weather person was not calling for good weather today...but I see sunshine out there..and I plan to go out as quickly as possible to grab me some of that !

I don't have any big plans for the weekend...hope you all have a good weekend...and have something good planned..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

kimberlyglasgow responded:
Good morning from Delaware! Sadly, it's a bad weather day which means more pain here. Sitting at a solid 6, but since I'm usually an 8 I'll take what I can get! The temp is sitting in the low 50s and they're calling for rain. Right now it's just nasty, heavy clouds in the sky. I'm bundled under my quilt on my couch, and God willing I can spend most of the day here!!!!!

I too need to get out and garden. We live in a community where you get written up if your yard looks shabby and the weeds are starting to take over my flower beds. Also, since my husband is the maintenance tech for the community and he has to write people up it's not good for our yard to look like it does. So I think we'll make a family day of it Sunday when it's due to be 69 degrees and sunny.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and if not pain-free then a low-pain weekend! *soft hugs*

KImberly

lb707 replied to fibroinsd's response:
Good Morning,

Hello to all who actually understand what it is like to live in pain and yet live with that as well as all the stresses of life. I read the posts and actually know there are others who understand.....that is a gift.

One of these days when I set out all my supplements I have decided to post them. Sometimes they get to be a habit for me...but they do help along with my meds.

We are going to have sunshine for one day!!!!!!!

Laura

angelldakota responded:
Hi All... Friday again... I have been out of the hospital for almost 2 weeks and just now hoping I am feeling better... Had a rough day yesterday... almost ended back in the hospital... it was bad news and a very bad day...And then this flare hit harder so now I can barely walk... then I fell getting up from my wheelchair... my walker went flying and wheelchair tipped over... my knees had buckled...So now my nurse has to see me... I hurt my back and my legs are very weak... but no abrasions...

but my tummy doesn't hurt the way it has been... and I got to drink a couple of cups of coffee... and I am hungry... that is a rarity...

I hope all of you are doing well... I think I will do some reading here after I talk to my daughter...
When you need a friend, reach out to a stranger and you will have one. If you need help, help someone else. if you need to cry, find someone already crying and celebrate life. Love Jan

mawillis58 responded:
hi everyone, i just joined your group today. i hate it that there are so many others that suffer with this, but, at the same time, i kinda feel justified that i'm not the only one that can't get things done the way i want to and can't remember much of anything.
like so many of you have said, people who don't have FM really can't understand what we live with EVERY day. i have lots of other physical conditions plus depression and, even the people that know and love me the best can't understand why i'm the way i am.
my husband and i have been together for 12 yrs. in that time, i've went downhill a pretty long ways. he thinks i've just lost interest in keeping our home as clean as he wants it, in making sure that i got the bills paid, in keeping the checkbook up-to-date and ballanced. you'd think i mess up all the time on purpose!
i don't want anyone feeling sorry for me ( i do enough of that for myself, lol ) . but, since my mother had a stroke in July '08 i've been taking care of her. God Bless her, she's a wonderful woman! i wish i had 1/2 her strength! we live next door so i'm there from 7am til 4:30 or so and then i go back down 2 or 3 times of an evening. by the time i get home i just want to sit and relax and enjoy being in my own home.
i wish i had a way of making him understand that i want to do better but i just can't make myself. i give reasons for why i'm like this but he just sees them as excuses.

well ! it does feel good to vent, doesn't it??
thanks for listening. God Bless and Keep You

fibroinsd replied to mawillis58's response:
Just wanted to add a welcome mawillis...and don't hesitate to start a "new here post"..if you would like..

there are several of us here that are dealing with elderly parents..and it is not easy...I am one of them..They don't live next door...so I don't know which is worse...Mine live about ten min. away..so there are constant trips over there...but I do get breaks and I am not there all the time...which would drive me nuts !!! (Only people dealing with this would understand ! I do love them...BUT...!)

Anyway..just wanted to add a welcome and yes, it does help to vent...
cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

1wareaglefan responded:
Hello, All....well our daughter came into town yesterday to do a "photo shoot" of our new grandbaby. So we went over there this morning, and she took the cutest pictures. Now I feel totally wiped out! I guess it's partly from cleaning yesterday (even though it was no-housework day!), and mostly from fibro and I don't know what else! I can't always figure out why I feel so bad, and I get so tired of trying to explain to people.

My husband and I are supposed to go out with a couples group for dinner, and honestly I don't think I can make the effort. He says he's ok with me not going, and he understands that I don't feel well. But you all understand my frustration with it, right? I just hate to keep saying to people, "I don't feel well....I'm so tired."

So, that's where I am today. I just really want to be comfy propped up in bed and watch tv and be quiet.

Thanks for understanding! Elizabeth

angelswife replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
Love you, Elizabeth---((((hugs)))). Hope you feel better tomorrow.

1wareaglefan replied to angelswife's response:
Thank you so much, Angelswife! Your reply almost made me cry.
Understanding means so much.

Elizabeth

Wolfsong452 responded:
had a 2nd job interview today. Which is kind of funny, this is the third or fourth time that I've gone for 2nd interviews.

Lets, hope I get THIS JOB!

I've had employers tell me that I wasn't being considered, due to me not making the minimum requirements for their applications.

Mostly due to the assessment test they give.

how can this be? I thought these tests, were a big pain, but not overly hard to do. .

My disability employment agency, told me that's why they don't allow anyone to fill out their own applications, or assessement tests. The employment company does it for them.

Guess, I'm going to slow down, let them do things for me.

Sheesh, I feel totally down in the dumps after hearing this. What this does to my self esteem!

Now how am I,

suppose to be the key holder, whatever that means, let alone, advising and trying to sell plus sized clothes.

sheesh!!

so, good things, bad things, all week,

the darn SSI, physical was last night, then the mental thingy on Mon.

physical was a real trip!

if I"m feeling better,

maybe I will post on another thread, all what happened.

I've had to retype this posting, at least 4 times, due to me babbling, over writing what I want to say, etc.

we won't even talk about the lousy typing itself.

guess this is a FM fog, brain fart, FM confusion, etc.

Sometimes a person doesn't realize something is happening, until they try to put it in writing!

thank goodness I can go back and read what I've written, before I send it.

MarySings responded:
Well, my toes are finally warming up....it seemed to be a long winter. The past week has been very gloomy here in north central Missouri. It would be nice to have a few days of sunshine.

I am back to taking Tramadol throughout the day. And today I took a nap wrapped in my electric blanket. It sure feels nice on my aching muscles.

My hubby and I have had a nice quiet evening. He's watching the Masters golf tournament on tv and reading resumes for our town's newest vacancy - the city manager. He is a city counselman and has found it be very time consuming and challenging.

I visited with my mother at the nursing home today and then cried all the way home (25 minutes). She has dementia and every week goes more and more into herself. I sat with her at lunch and when she tried to use a spoon to pick up her bread, my heart sank a little bit more. She is failing so very fast. And today she called me by my sister's name. It hurts to see her like this.

Well, on to more positive things - my relationship with my Marine son improves weekly as he gets farther and farther away from alcoholism. He is now 5 months sober. I am very, very proud of him.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes,I'm sometimes out of control but I love and give with all my heart. If you can't accept me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.