Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fibro & Nausea
anoldgoat posted:
Having been diagnosed with fibro since 1983 I've done just about every treatment. What I've learned is that learning to listen to my body is the best direction for me to take.

I utilize meds at night to try to fall asleep but am awake 2 hours later. I decided that I need to go back on my anti-depressant in order to keep the depression away.

What I haven't found yet is an effective control over the nasty foul nausea that appears during a full blown attack. Sometimes it takes me longer to recognize the symptoms of a full blown attack and a few days of nausea reminds me of the battle my body fights.

Has anyone found an effective treatment for nausea outside of meds and pot? Water works well to dilute the nausea but sometimes it would be nice to find something else to battle the nausea. I don't know how long the nausea attacks last (weeks at least) but it would be nice to not have to munch a cracker and drink a glass of water every 2 hours to stay ahead of the nausea.

Any recommendations?

angelldakota responded:
HI Anoldgoat... Welcome and what an interesting name... rather cool... "cool"... that sets me back in the ancient society lol... lol...

I have trouble with nausea and vomiting... I am on a prescription that my gastroenterologist put me on and I now take it 3 times a day even if I am OK... this works to keep it away... preventive wise... It is called compazine... it also helps with migraines... saves me a lot of trips to the er.... there is also something else they had me on first vut I can't remember what it was... It didn't work as good as compazine... you might want to mention it to your dr...

O hope you can feel better soon... I will be thinking about you... bless you...
When you need a friend, reach out to a stranger and you will have one. If you need help, help someone else. if you need to cry, find someone already crying and celebrate life. Love Jan

xperky responded:
Hi anoldgoat - Nausea is one of the worst symptoms for me. It can really knock me down in bed when it hits. Sometimes there's a headache with it, so possibly migraines? One time I wound up in the ER after 24 hours of not being able to hold down water and muscles were spasming. The drug that finally worked for me was Compazine. (Interesting to see that also worked for Jan.) Now I know if I get bad nausea it works in about 10 - 15 minutes. What a relief. (But I know you're looking for something besides a drug.)

Also, candied ginger can relieve a mild case of nausea for me. But, like you've found, muching on crackers and water is good. Also laying down seems to stop it, but who can lay down when you're in public or something?

Nausea is one thing that seems to take over. Nasty thing. I sure hope you find relief!
Life is wonderful when lived with love and compassion, Margaret

conniescherubs1 replied to angelldakota's response:
I'm so sorry to hear about the vomiting/nasuea along with everything else you to bear.
I have to keep some soda pop on hand at all times. I feel this helps me with also swallowing my meds. and keeping my stomach from getting queasy.
A few yrs. ago my son who had a terrible stomach virus and vomiting was given compazine at the ER. and it helped him immensely.
Hope you are feeling better!

anoldgoat responded:
Finally received my promethium today! As soon as it came I took 2 pills and expected to lay down for a nice nap. I was so nauseated that the nausea went away but I wasn't sleepy! Tell me my body didn't need calming down!

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.