Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pain Meds
elizabeth1304 posted:
I can hardly write about this subject because it is so upsetting! If I did not have Lortab DAILY, I simply could not function. I keep my business to myself about the meds I take because of the frowns and weird looks from people who think they know all about it.My husband does not even know about everything because I think it is personal. My neurologist has been a true blessing. I do not take the meds for any other reason than pain relief. If I do not have it, the pain is unbearable. I have fibro but I also have had a triple fusion in my neck that hurts constantly.
Thank you from the pharmacy tech explaining how you all get a good idea on who is using it for other things. It never fails that when I go to pick up refills of anything from pain meds to hbp meds there is a person buying the sudafed drugs. They have to give all kinds of info about themselves. Where I live, there is a huge problem with "meth"??. I think that is the connection. My family doctor recently made me feel like a "druggie"because my neurologist was out of town and I needed pain meds. He declined and told me to take ibuprofen. I have been seeing him for 20 plus years. I did end up getting some by calling the neur office and one the doctors that knew who I was called it in. I have heard that thing about "addict nation" and I also saw the piece with Diane Sawyer. If we would be willing to "smoke pot" in front of our children, maybe we would need less pain meds. As for me, I will continue to function with pain meds. Sorry, I just had to vent. This subject angers me.
Beth

angelldakota responded:
Hun vent away... Beth... You have every right to be mad... I think after 20 years your Dr should have known and trusted you more... I am glad you got help... I had almost the same thing happen with a dr of mine a few years back... l hadn't been seeing her for but 8 years tho... she was a great dr in a clinic... but she went into private practice and didn't take my insurance... the Dr that she suggested take me over did but he discontinued my pain meds cold turkey... and a quick call to her and her calling him and I was back in to see him to get me back on them... but it was like pulling nails... I finally found pain management and they took over...

I have a neurologist that has me on a med that is like a triple action for me... it is suppose to help my petty maul seizures and my migraines and my FM... When I go off it I get worse but on it I still have problems... still been suffering from migraines all week again but there has been a major weather change here... from nice to hot... I don't do hot for the MS hates it lol... but the FM likes it lol... but the brain no like lol.. n body no like... n I no like... n it ain't hot here yet lol... It just like high 80's to 90... wait till the over 100 hits... and in Arizona it don't like to cool down much at night when the 100 hits...

I don't know what that has to do with anything you said... except the hospital took me off half my meds and screwed me up when I was there last month for a week... they put me back on them all the day they sent me home lol... said they wanted to see if I got worse taking them... lol... I was going home... I wasn't there for med changes lol.. I was there for colitis and a nasty bacteria... nothing changed but I felt better... at least in some areas lol... colitis wasn't any better then it was lol...

Sometimes dr's aren't the know it alls they think they are... Now that I am home even with my FM flare not going away yet... even with the spasticity of MS... Even with some symptoms of colitis yet... I feel much better... I am stronger physically finally... and a lot more pain free now that I am back on my pain killers...

My son's were asked if I had seizures while I was in the hospital... They told them petty maul but they said they thought I was more like grand maul... Without the meds anything could have been happening... all I know is that when I finally could comprehend things 3 days later... I asked them if I was on the meds and demanded to talk to the dr... she put me right back on that med... I thought she had me on all them but she told me later she had me on meds sorta like them... well the sorta like them wasn't working... the only thing they didn't mess with were my psych drugs... guess they didn't want me to go psychotic on them lol...

I guess I will stop my venting now... See how easy and necessary venting is... always feel free to vent... you might get a vent back... took a month for me to vent that lol... but I feel better now...

take care and I hope you have a great weekend...
When you need a friend, reach out to a stranger and you will have one. If you need help, help someone else. if you need to cry, find someone already crying and celebrate life. Love Jan

hopein2009 responded:
Beth i completely understand! You can read my reply and opinion in the post at the top of the page. It's too long to write again! Don't feel bad that you need pain meds to function as a contributing member of society. Many people who don't have FM but other painful conditions need pain meds as well. We are all being made to feel like addicts because of doctors who have been burned too many times by patients who are drug seekers. It's not fair but it is reality. Hold your head up girl and do what you have to do!

Lisa

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.