Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Meds
shannlee0379 posted:
Hi everyone,
I haven't been on in a while. Has a massive migraine flare and small print was not easy to read...lol
I went to the doctors yesterday...After a year and a half getting B-12 shots once a month I get to now switch to a daily vitamin. But my meds are confussing me....

I'm taking Cymbalta...and anti-depressant for pain.
Inderal....a blood pressure medication to prevent migraines.
Cyclobenzaprine....a muscle relaxer because I have jaw pain (TMJ)
Prilosec...GERD meds cause I have a soar throat
Trazodone...another anti-depressant to help me sleep

If ever there was just a medicine that was made to do one thing and used for that one thing....lol....Is this a normal thing?

jrae922 responded:
Hi there!

I take many of the same medications you take (Cymbalta, Cyclobenzaprene, Prevacid (similar to Prilosec) and Trazodone) and the multi-vitamin. With Fibromyalgia, there is no such thing as a single medication to treat the illness - you have to treat the individual symptoms because everyone is different.

Don't feel bad that you take so many medicines - as long as they help, you're in good shape. Make sure you keep an open dialog with your doctor about what is working or not working for you. I am fortunate to have found Trazodone - it was the first medication that was prescribed to me when I was 15. I couldn't sleep and was very depressed ... Trazodone made me feel human again. 17 years later, I am still taking it!

(((Hugs)))
Jessie

1wareaglefan responded:
Hi, Shannlee....welcome back! Jessie was right about the meds for fibro. Most of us take a variety of them to treat our different symptoms. Most take an antidepressant, maybe muscle relaxer, something else for sleep, then something additional for pain.

I hope your combination is helping give you some relief.

Take care.....Elizabeth

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Shannlee,

I just wanted to share a tip with you:

To enlarge the font here (or anywhere) hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign at the same time. Do it a few times until you get to the size that's easier on your eyes. To lessen it again, Ctrl and the minus key a few times together.

This is what I do because I don't do well with small fonts either.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

rmkjk replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
THANK YOU YOU HAVE MADE THE READING OF THE POSTS MUCH EASIER FOR US.....DID NOT KNOW THIS COULD BE DONE AGAIN THANK YOU

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to rmkjk's response:
You're very welcome!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.