Meds
shannlee0379 posted:
Hi everyone,
I haven't been on in a while. Has a massive migraine flare and small print was not easy to read...lol
I went to the doctors yesterday...After a year and a half getting B-12 shots once a month I get to now switch to a daily vitamin. But my meds are confussing me....

I'm taking Cymbalta...and anti-depressant for pain.
Inderal....a blood pressure medication to prevent migraines.
Cyclobenzaprine....a muscle relaxer because I have jaw pain (TMJ)
Prilosec...GERD meds cause I have a soar throat
Trazodone...another anti-depressant to help me sleep

If ever there was just a medicine that was made to do one thing and used for that one thing....lol....Is this a normal thing?

jrae922 responded:
Hi there!

I take many of the same medications you take (Cymbalta, Cyclobenzaprene, Prevacid (similar to Prilosec) and Trazodone) and the multi-vitamin. With Fibromyalgia, there is no such thing as a single medication to treat the illness - you have to treat the individual symptoms because everyone is different.

Don't feel bad that you take so many medicines - as long as they help, you're in good shape. Make sure you keep an open dialog with your doctor about what is working or not working for you. I am fortunate to have found Trazodone - it was the first medication that was prescribed to me when I was 15. I couldn't sleep and was very depressed ... Trazodone made me feel human again. 17 years later, I am still taking it!

(((Hugs)))
Jessie

1wareaglefan responded:
Hi, Shannlee....welcome back! Jessie was right about the meds for fibro. Most of us take a variety of them to treat our different symptoms. Most take an antidepressant, maybe muscle relaxer, something else for sleep, then something additional for pain.

I hope your combination is helping give you some relief.

Take care.....Elizabeth

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Shannlee,

I just wanted to share a tip with you:

To enlarge the font here (or anywhere) hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign at the same time. Do it a few times until you get to the size that's easier on your eyes. To lessen it again, Ctrl and the minus key a few times together.

This is what I do because I don't do well with small fonts either.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

rmkjk replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
THANK YOU YOU HAVE MADE THE READING OF THE POSTS MUCH EASIER FOR US.....DID NOT KNOW THIS COULD BE DONE AGAIN THANK YOU

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to rmkjk's response:
You're very welcome!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell