Skip to content
2 weeks-Cymbalta & just some thougths
zingercan posted:
My first 3 days on Cymbalta I spent with a wacked out feeling in my brain; after that it must have adjusted.

The fibro pain is still there - but it doesn't seem as harsh. Now I can't tell if this relief from the med; or am I just having a few days of feeling ok......time will tell.

I worked in the garden today and that caused a flare up but hey, hubby bought 24 tomato plants home (I guess I'm growing for the entire community, since its just the 2 of us!!)

I'm trying hard to remain positive because that sort-of makes me feel 'better.' Sometimes I have my own pity party - we all know FM is hard to deal with day in/day out. Then I turn on the TV and feel guilty for spending so much time complaining.......there are so many people with bigger issues/problems/worse health than me. Some people have no home from tornado's; and yesterday, one came through my area about 20 miles away.

Maybe I'm just more messed up in the head than I realize.

Hoping everyone has a soft & gentle day!

jrae922 responded:
Hi Zingercan,

I take Cymbalta and had the same feelings when I started taking it. I think it does dull the pain, but sometimes I still need an additional pain med.

It's definitely good to focus on the positive and remember that even though life is tough sometimes - at least you have a home, live in a free country and have health care. Many people don't have the things that we take for granted as a right to a humane life.

I don't think you are messed up in the head. Coping with FM is like being blindfolded on a roller coaster ride - you never know what's next.

(((Hugs)))

Jessie

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.