Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Never a good morning
WickettWI posted:
I was diagnosed with fibro many years ago, and it seems over the years it has gotten progressively worse. I particularly hurt the worst in the mornings when I first wake up, and feel as though I have been hit by a truck several times over again. I just purchased a new mattress a few months ago thinking that would help, but that is not the case. I wake up with extreme back pain and feel as though my guts have been twisted a million times over again. There is a certain spot on my back that hurts constantly throughout the day. It is right next to my spine right above my right hip, and sometimes when I move, it feels as though it's going to get "stuck", or if I move the wrong way, or any way for that matter, I am not going to be able to move anymore. I really feel like something is wrong, but it seems like my doctor doesn't care enough to check, nor does anyone else. I have spots on my spine that are sensitive to the touch, and if they are touched too hard or rubbed, they bruise and swell. I have a hard time sleeping too. Does anyone else out there have this? Please help!

squarley responded:
Yes I feel th same my Fibro has got worse over the years ,I just said this morning wish I could get up just feel good for once .I panic every morning scared of whats going to hit me next,Feeling like that truck ran over me today,Pain moves around from back to arms to legs to hip.Just like they say its wide spread pain ,and I have IBS, MIgraines and menerie's and acid reflux and I could go on snd on. today I am dizzy and looking down is really hard,wish there was more help out there,can not believe how bad I feel some times. And of course no one believes me, Stress is the worse, my daughter passed away 6 years ago and its been down hill.Hope you feel better ,many hugs,Squarley

NeNe_11 responded:
Yes, my spine hurts sooo bad to the touch like some spot right on the bone are badly bruised but are not. Im glad im not alone in this!

pcfulone replied to squarley's response:
I also have menerie's with my fibro. I haven't heard a lot of people who have that symptom but all your symptoms seem to be mine as well. I have been getting some very weird dizzy spells and didn't really know what that was all about so glad to hear that someone else experiences that as well. This website is so good for all of us because it surely does seem like nobody cares or even wants to hear about it.

pcfulone responded:
Back pain is a huge problem with my fibro. My physical therapist would ask me when I came in where on my back I needed the massage today because it moves from lower back to upper and then the middle will bother me another day. Some days it's the whole darn back. My back pressure points always hurt where you are describing. My doctor won't give me any more pain meds for real bad days. I guess she feels I've had my fill of pain medication even though 30 pills will last me well over 2 months. *sigh* Yeah, I'm such a druggie right? As tired as I am of this fibro, I'm tired of the doctors too.

WickettWI responded:
And I forgot to mention that I cannot tolerate, and am extremely sensitive to almost all of the medications out there for helping cope with fibro (Cymbalta, Savella, Lyrica, etc...). I have tried so many I can not even count. The only thing that mildly helps with my pain that I can tolerate is Tramadol. I also was given muscle relaxers to take, but have taken them before, and they don't seem to help, they only make the fatigue and tiredness worse, and of course I do need to be able to function to work, let alone try and live what little bit of normal life I do have. I feel for all of you out there who are struggling with fibro, as it is debilitating, but I am very thankful for all of you that are here and respond, as it makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one who does feel this way, so thank you again for being there and being supportive : )

squarley replied to pcfulone's response:
Y es the menerie's is bad to, I sleep sitting up eat very little food with salt . Just looking down will make me dizzy, and Fibro cause dizziness to ,so hard to tell whats going on. So glad you found this web site,me and you have almost the same things going on,so nice to talk with you,I am on here every day ,it helps to hear were not alone,we do care about each other so come here often an we can talk, have the best day you can. Squarley

mymyrt replied to squarley's response:
Oh, squarley, I know exactly how you feel. The vertigo is so scary, so unpredictable, so disabling. I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time.

pcfulone, 30 pills last you two months, and the doc thinks you're a druggie? That makes my blood boil.

WickettWI, I could have written every word you said, and a lot more. I am so sorry you're having such a hard time.

I am so thankful we are all here for each other. This is definitely the best support group on line. But I wish there wasn't a single person who ever had to come here.

Hugs to everyone.

Joan
Knowledge is power.

Loujaye responded:
I'm with you unfortunately as feeling like the symptoms are worsening over time and new ones appearing. I wake up during the night in so much pain it hurts to change position. Then mornings are torture to get myself up and to the shower. That usually helps tho; it's just the getting up part! My fatigue is often unbearable and unending; I almost never feel "normal". For the first several years the fatigue trumped the pain but lately the pain has reached a point that I'm now on Mobic in addition to Cymbalta, Tramadol, Klonopin and Trazadone (to sleep). I've read some really negative reports of side effects so I'm taking it slow with the Mobic (meloxocam). I normally don't do real well with nsaids so we'll see. Have you or anyone else tried it for the inflammation/pain? So unfortunately, WickettWI, I can't help but I can commiserate. This disease sucks!

squarley replied to mymyrt's response:
How nice of you to be thinking of others,we all go through so many different things,I read all I can to learn as much as I can ,but this is so hard because you never no ,is this Fibro or something else. My husband does not understand and I have lost most my friends can not do the things they do,and I can be out and get vertigo and have to leave. Lately my right arm is hurting so bad. I thank you for your thoughts and hope we have better days for all of us. ((HUGS)) Squarley

pcfulone replied to squarley's response:
I wanted to mention that I was put on a diuretic for the menerie's disease which helps cut down the amount of fluid. I think it does help because there was a time I ran out and didn't get a new perscription for about a week. The ringing in my ear and the fullness got worse. It doesn't help a lot, there doesn't seem to be anything that can, but it does help some. If you are not currently taking any, it might be worth mentioning to your doctor. Thanks for the encouragement to check this site often. I wish there was a way to get email notification when someone responds to me but so far I have not found how to do that. I could keep in touch with the site a lot easier that way.

tlp123 responded:
I have that same sore spot next to my spine and above my hip. I learned a stretch from a physical therapist that helps it. If I do the stretch every morning when I wake up and BEFORE I get out of bed, and again every night when I go to bed, I'm usually ok (although the pain does not always go away completely). Sometimes I do get stuck there. Then I have to get my husband to push gently on just the right spot and then repeat my stretches.

tlp123 replied to pcfulone's response:
I was surprised to read that your doctor won't give you any more pain pills. I do my best to avoid narcotics because I have children and work. However, I have had doctors nearly begging me to take narcotics because they do no know what else might help with my pain. Perhaps you need a different doctor. Not all understand fibromyalgia.

MariGirl1985 responded:
Hi!
I am 25 years of age
and I have been diagnosed with Fibro, not to mention I have a herniated disc in my low back.
So on a daily basis I have twice as much pain, because of the dual diagnosis.
Im sorry to hear about your experience with all that, but I feel just like you do, in the morning I feel like i had been sleeping on hard rocks, and wake up constantly.
Over time my fibro, seems to sometimes be worse then sometimes get better, but as I think its getting better, then the next day it gets worse.
My life has been majorly affected by this.

In regards to your post, I think you should try maybe a chiropractor, or a massage therapist

I have extreme back pain and massage therapy seemed to Help ALOT!!!
i finally started feeling somewhat rejuvinated

hope that helps :)

kelliecarter responded:
I know exactly what you are saying and feeling. I have scoliosis, ddd, and fibro. I am on disability because of it. I was a secretary, but when pain took over my life, I couldn't even do some of the simplest things like sitting upright for more than a couple of minutes at a time. I am 34 years old and have to use a cane just to help keep my balance. I fall alot. I have been dianosed with IBS, insomnia, a.d.d., depression, anxiety, etc. Pretty much fit every sympton associated with fibro. You are not alone. Now finding a new doctor to treat me is going to be a challenge. My last doctor retired. Know any dr. in PA. that treats it?

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.