Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dr Appointment Went Bad again...
angelldakota posted:
IT SEEMS EVERYTHING IS RUNNING RAMPID IN MY BODY SUDDENLY... sorry for yelling I just had to let it out... I am so frustrated... Went to a ortho surgeon today and didn't even see him... seen his flunky... she told me there are three more problems in my body and no help... suffer i said... she said yeh.. sorry hun... i asked if i could leave now and left...

because of my ms spasmodic legs and my rsd flaring in one and my fm flair and my diabetes... even the shots were a no no... and hey the good old blood pressure was low not high... guess it followed my mood... I knew what they would say I just thought they could drain the water at least... Fix the torn tendon at least... I knew they couldn't do anything about the meniscus degeneration which isn't too unseavere anymore... can't spell that one good enough to bwe corrected lol... and don't forget those mighty huge unbelievable arthritus spurs... Means a whole knee replacement and due to all the above no go...

Sorry I am depressed and angry... that makes 24 things wrong with me... and now I feel like I am just rotting away... and I am really tired of it all... the pain never goes away and the knee hasn't been helped with morphine and oxycontin pure... helps other things but not all the pain... just isn't right is it...

Also... She said in their opinion they won't advice the shots... they say that because of the flares and complications that can happen they say a definite no... I could infect worse then it would be worth it... or the chance of the infection is greater then the chance of it helping... So do I tell my Pain Management Dr who is already making plans and I think has the OK from my insurance... Or do I just let it ride till he might get the report... I have my doubts... they said they only send out reports if the patient sees the dr... the dr that sent me already knows they aren't helping me...

I still don't think I am as bad as some... I was dieing a few times in my past... cancer 7 times survivor... I can survive this too right... just some days like today I wonder why...

I didn't suffer this much with my cancer...
When you need a friend, reach out to a stranger and you will have one. If you need help, help someone else. if you need to cry, find someone already crying and celebrate life.
Love Jan

citygirl1967 responded:
I know how you feel . I went to see a spine surgeon and this nurse practioner told me that there was nothing wrong with my back it was just my fibro. However when I got my records there was alot wrong with my back so I fired him and found someone who doesn't think every pain is from my fibro even if I have had it since i was a kid.Remeber they work for you so just like you would be fired for not doing your job you can fire them.They are there to provide you with a service. good luck

xperky responded:
Jan!! You may have 24 things wrong with you but you have 1,000,024 things right with you.

You deal with so much every day, but care so much about others and what they are going through.

Pain can really bring us down, never mind pain as bad as yours. I hope there is at least a little relief from your pain meds and all the other ways you manage.

I wish you a day, a night, or at least a few hours without pain.

Margaret
Life is wonderful when lived with love and compassion, Margaret

mymyrt replied to xperky's response:
Hi, Jan. Haven't spoken to you in a while, but I keep reading, and I am so sorry you are suffering so much. I don't understand why some people have so much to deal with, people who are caring, kind, and upbeat in spite of their pain, while others seem to go through life causing pain, worry, and hurting children, just doing such bad things, leaving trails of debris behind them, and they continue in good health and have everything they want. Jan, you amaze me with your sweetness and your comfort to all of us even though you feel so bad. Just know you are appreciated here.

Soft hugs and good wishes, Jan.

Joan
Knowledge is power.

angelswife responded:
Jan---I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I wish I lived closer so I could hug you in person. But I think I've figured out a way to do it anyway. XO..

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.