Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Disability Update Report
aundy28570 posted:
I posted this before but theres so many FM groups I guess this is the one most of you come to now so here goes again. Some of you may remember me and some may not, been a while since I've been on here but have a question about filling out Disability Update Report. Has any of you all received one to fill out?

I have the 2 page report and question 5 wants to know if I've been to dr. since June 2009.

I have lots of times but only provides 3 lines with: reason for visit/most recent visit, month/year.

Do I put the last three visits or all visits since June 2009? I did a search and read different responses. Really dont need to mess this one up so can anyone help me with filling this out.

Thanks!

Dollbug responded:
Hello Aundy....MiMi in NC....I would provide exactly what the question indicates...a simple question should have a simple answer...for instance...question 5 wants to know if you have been to the doctor since 2009...it could be a simple yes.
if they want all visits then provide this...you might have to call your doctors offices in order to get this...I try to keep mine on a calendar...just to keep up with them...and then I have it when I need it...

Do not leave any question blank....put some sort of answer out there...

Write small, if you feel like you do not have enough room to list what you want them to know...

I do know that sometimes....I think that we read into the question more than what it is asking...but this is just my own opinion...if you DO NOT provide enough info for them...trust me, they will let you know...

Take care and good luck..

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

mymyrt responded:
Good morning, aundy. I read your post with interest, as I also received the same form. Did yours read SECOND NOTICE? I called SS in 2008 because I received no form, and had filled out my yearly forms religiously. I was told they were no longer needed. That was two years ago! Now I see that there must have been a mass mailing to those of us who receive SSD. These forms always make me very nervous, and I sent five pages including the form, but I did not have detailed info, so I sent what I could remember. How long have you been receiving SSD? I actually called SS the day I received the forms to ask why it said SECOND NOTICE, as I never received the first one. Now we get to sit and wait, and worry. The woman at SS said, oh, don't worry, it probably just got lost int the mail, I wouldn't worry too much, etc. Easy for her to say. Good luck, aundy. Just be sure to make copies of what you send, and hopefully that will be all you need to do. I"m curious if anyone else here got the same form. Anyone?

Joan
Knowledge is power.

newgrandma1953 responded:
Hi aundy,

This is my first posting to the Fibro Community. I was officially diagnosed with Fibro 2 1/2 years ago following many doctors, numerous tests, and of course constant extreme pain.
I did file for Disability shortly after and was accepted following my first application. I know this is highly unusual. I thank God for it. I did fill out the form and answered all their questions. I sent my replies to disability in the order in which they asked them however I put my replies in Book form with a "Table of Contents" and page numbers to help them find a specific category they might be searching for. I wanted to make it as easy, and clear as possible for them.
All of us on this site have several things in common, constant pain in varying degrees, have had many tests, seen many doctors, and fight to hang in their emotionally. Just to name a few. I'm quite sure"They" read a large number of these reports. I didn't want "them" to get frustrated trying to search for a piece of specific information. I wanted it to be clear and concise.
I would recommend attaching a separate sheet to continue your list as needed. If it's in chapter 3, for example it could be numbered 3a.
When answering the question of how this has affected your life. I recommend speaking from your heart, in detail the effects on your life physically and emotionally. In this way they can get to know you the person, not just another case.
I will keep you in my prayers.
God Bless You,
Carol

newgrandma1953 replied to mymyrt's response:
Hi Joan,
I started receiving my SSD check 6 months after I was approved. I have never received any form to fill out. My check is directly deposited in my checking account.
It will be 1 year in September, I'll wait and see.
God Bless,
Carol

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
364 of 391 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.