Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
The best of friends
Kinkatia posted:
So I got up the courage this week to write up a letter to my inner circle of friends, and then maintained enough courage to send it to them. It was pretty much a letter discussing my diagnosis, explaining a bit about fibromyalgia and how it affects my day to day life, assuring them that I'm always going to be there for them, even when I'm not feeling well, and asking for their support.

And I have to say, I have the best of friends. The responses ranged from telling me that I am made of win, apologizing for not keeping in touch and offering to keep me in their prayers, to thanking me for helping them to understand fibromyalgia a little bit more and telling me that they admire me and cherish our friendship.

They've been nothing but supportive and wonderful and made me cry happy tears. I really am blessed to have a group of friends so wonderful as this. It makes me think that maybe things are gonna be a lot less frustrating than I'd anticipated. :)

Schrode responded:
I am happy for you! Writing to your friends was a great idea, thank you for sharing with us. I also received supportive responses from my close friends. I have only told my parents and few close friends. My Mom is trying to understand FM but she does not quite get it. I have been hesitate about telling everyone. I am not ashamed, it just feels like such a personal thing to share. I know I will share it eventually, when I am ready. It has only been a month since my diagnosis.

Soft hugs,
Deb

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
This is so wonderful to hear, Kinkatia. I hope your message encourages everyone here. :-)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Kinkatia replied to Schrode's response:
Yeah, it takes time. It's been a little over a year since my diagnosis, and I realized that all the lifestyle changes I was making to manage my symptoms were going to effect the way I spend time with my friends, so I thought it was about time I let them all know. It also saved me the trouble of having to explain myself over and over again, which I will admit was the more encouraging factor. ;)

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.