Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Anyone have EYE PROBLEMS?
sexymamma12 posted:
I have bad vision at night which prevents me from driving at night. I also can't see far which was detected when I was 16 years old. As of last year and this year I have floaters in the left eye that make me crazy and the eye doctor says I have to just live with them. Can fibro make these eye conditions worse? If anyone has anything to add to this I would love to hear about it. Still not sleepy at night so I will be on website for a little while. Talking to everyone helps me relieve my stress.

Kinkatia responded:
I don't think fibro can make any of those worse, but I'm no expert, so I may be wrong.

I do know, however, that both I and my mother have this annoying problem where our eyesight changes slightly when we're in a flare, and our eyes are really sensitive, so a prescription that's off just a smidge causes awful headaches. :\

As for night vision, my mother's has always been terrible, and mine is fantastic, so our combined experiences don't really point towards fibro having anything to do with it.

Hope you destress and are able to get to sleep soon!

squarley responded:
Fibro can cause eye problems,blurry vision and night blindness, make you sensitive to light and can cause headaches, I wear sunglasses even in the house in the summer. Many hugs Squarley

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.