Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
fitzgift
fitzgift posted:
Today I am hurting all over I went from bed to a bath and soaked to get the pain lessen is anyone else hurting today . I broke down and took a Lyrica.

mrahoe responded:
hi fitzgift

im a hurtin unit today. . i think mine has to do with the weather tho. . we have had several fronts move thru in the last few days and the weather has been unsettled to say the least. .

i wish i could get in and out of the tub. . i would love to just sit and soak.. the only thing is a shower for me. . my dw says when i finaly get my pension we are gonna start looking to buy a house so she can but me one of those walk in tubs. . i cant wait. .. lol

john
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.--Dr. Suess

Schrode responded:
I hurt so much today that even my skin hurts! My skin first started bothering me yesterday, I hate my clothes today! I don't know how to make it better.

Deb

maggiethedoglover replied to mrahoe's response:
Hi john,

When we remodeled 3 years ago, we put in a whirlpool tub. Little did I know that it would be so hard to get in and out of it. We even installed handicap rails to help but they don't help much. I wait until the tub is full and then kind of plop myself into it. When exiting, I always do it when the tub is still full so the the water can help me. Sure wish we had spent the extra bucks for the walk in tub. Some of them have water and air jets. That would be the one for me.

I think the same fronts came through Wisconsin recently. It's all I can do to get an hour or two of light gardening in.

By the way, LOVE your Dr. Suess quote. It is the way I have lived my life.

Take care and soft hugs to you,

maggie
Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

KatmanduLou replied to Schrode's response:
I wish I could tell you how to feel better. But I (like most here) know what you're feeling. Can you call your doc and ask what you can do?

((( hug )))
Lou

mrahoe replied to maggiethedoglover's response:
hi maggie

your probably right on the weather as im in saskatchewan canada and i know when i was driving truck from here to indiana all the time it was alot of the same weather paterens that i drove thru. . lol

yea the new walk in tubs have everything in them. . we just have a regular tub now and with a tear in the labrum of my left shoulder and needing my right knee replaced not to mention the extra weight i have gained its imposable for me to get in and out of the reg tub. .

the problem with the walk ins tho is they will not give me a price . . they want to send someone to the house and im sure its gonna be i of those they provide the people to install it to thier spec's. . but il find a way around all that. . lol

well it just started raining again here. . lol

john
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.--Dr. Suess

maggiethedoglover replied to mrahoe's response:
Hi john,

You're looking at several thousand dollors at the low end. someone recently told me their quote was over $10,000. I looked them up on the internet and you could get a good one with all of the extras for less than $3000 (well, that was last year) but you would then have to find someone to install it. That is the way I would go.

Hope we both get one someday!

Soft hugs,

maggie
Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

mrahoe replied to maggiethedoglover's response:
thanks maggie

i figured they would avg around $5000 plus instalation. . so i guess i was not far off. . now i have to win the lottery so i can afford a tub and a house to put it in. .

john

angelldakota replied to mrahoe's response:
john when I win the lottery I will share it with you and we can both have a house and walk in tubs lol... have a good day...
When you need a friend, reach out to a stranger and you will have one. If you need help, help someone else. if you need to cry, find someone already crying and celebrate life. Love Jan

mrahoe replied to angelldakota's response:
its a deal jan. . when i win you get 1 to. . lol. . not sure about the good day tho. . iv been sleepin in shifts again. . 2-3 hrs then up for 5-6 then its back to bed fo another 2-3 hrs. .

i hate when i get in this mode. . it makes me feel more wore out than normal. .

john

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.