Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Frusturated
calicaro5 posted:
Idk if I have Fibromyalgia or not. I have had many of the Fibro symptoms for yrs now. My Dr's have ruled out so many different things, but still no diagnosis. I'm tired of being tired, and always being in some sort of pain. My family is suffering from my agonny as well. Somedays I just want to crawl in a corner and cry. Maybe this isn't the place to vent, but idk what else to do.

mrahoe responded:
calicaro5

hello and welcome . . you have come to the right place to vent. . we all do from time to time and you will find a great deal of support.

its kinda slow around here this time of nite especialy on the weekends but im sure others will be by to offer thier support

your best bet in the mean time is to check out the tips section to the right of the page . . and you can also get alot from reading thru the dicussions

im just headding off to bed to try this sleep thing again. . my legs have kept me up this long . . but a new coat of liniment after some time with the heating pad im ready to try again. .

hope you will come back when others are around and more awake. .

again welcome to the Fmily

john
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.--Dr. Suess

maggiethedoglover responded:
Hello,

As John stated, this is indeed the place to vent.

Have you had a good heart to heart talk with your doctor about how the constant pain and the other symptoms are affecting your life? If he or she won't give you a diagnosis as well as treatment, I would try to find a new doctor, one who is familar with fibromyalgia and can look at the results of all the tests you have already had and come to a conclusion.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

Soft hugs,

maggie
Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

Dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome....MiMi in NC....sorry that you are not feeling better....but you know...I think all of us FMers have probably been where you are right now....and I must tell you that there is hope...but it does take a trial and error process to find what might help you....I do hope that you will find a good doctor to treat you....which is so very important...

Has your doctor talked to you about FM....if not...or if you think he/she does not believe in the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...then you might find you a doctor who understands and treats people with it....one would think that in this time....all doctors would know about FM....but that is not the case...

I know that when I first got sick...my doctor insisted that I was just depressed....but what he was treating me was NOT helping me...I had other health issues also...and I had to get to the bottom of each one...before I finally got to feeling better...so I would encourage you to keep on keeping on...until you find something that will help you cope...living in pain is for the birds...and this is not common for "normal" people....

I hope that you will ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is so very important....for a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause pain for some of us...and it can also affect other illnesses as well....it is a simple blood test...but you MUST ASK the doctor to check it...as it is not included (yet) in the normal bloodwork that the doctors do...

I would also suggest that you learn all you can about FM....you can start by reading the info under "tips" and "resources" to the right of this page...be sure and read the "member toolbox" and "nutrition and vitamins"....

There are also other things which you can do....I use a heating pad when needed....Stopain spray when needed...and I take a hot shower at night using lavender bath salts...this helps relax my body so that I can sleep....Sleep is so important....we need sleep so that our bodies can repair...

I hope this helps ....please know that you are not alone...as we are all right here with you....I hope that you will post often, ask questions, make comments and/or suggestions...

Take care and good luck...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

calicaro5 replied to Dollbug's response:
Thank you all for your kind words......

I recently changed Dr's, do to the fact that my other Dr told me after 5 yrs of evaluating me, this all has to be in my head. My new Dr has already ran many different tests on me, finding a lot of stomach problems and all kinds of other things. I do believe this Dr will come to a conclusion soon.....(I hope!)

I've had a few E.R. Dr's mention FM, I of course have mentioned it to my new Dr, she said we need to take this slow and see what comes of it. I think she's on the right track. It's just frusturating at times, exspecially on my bad days.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.