Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
In bed
Schrode posted:
I have been in bed with pain off and on since 3 today. I have been struggling to stay awake and watch/listen to the kids. I wish I could be up for them. I cannot wait to escape into sleep and forget this pain for awhile.

Deb

sparkyar responded:
First know that you are not alone..I struggle everyday to force myself to get up just to make it through the day. I often end up at some point and time sleeping during the day, Thankfully I have a wonderful husband who when I first became sick was with me, and he knows the struggles I am going through. I feel so bad that I cut back the "fun" for him and don't get to get out often for "family" things. But I do what I can, and that is all anyone with FM can do..sending you soft hugs and prayers of good pain free healing sleep. I truly believe that God knows our pain and how we feel, he has a special plan for those of us who travel on through the pain...God Bless

fibrosux responded:
I can SOOOO relate to your pain. I feel as though I have been in bed for about a year now. And I'm not even joking. Sure, I get up now and then, try to sweep now and then, try to do something now and then but it's always....back to bed!

I was just sitting here looking out the window on this beautiful day and thinking that I am only 43 years old. Is this the rest of my life?

My husband had been very supportive for the first year as well, but since I have been in so much pain and confided to him about that, he has confessed that he does get sick of hearing it. That shattered my heart. I haven't been able to work since August.

Oh dear, I'm sorry. I like this site because it is positive and talks about our solutions. Ok, I did go to a Water Aerobic's class yesterday for the entire class and it felt good to get out of the house (I am on long term disability from job)

Selena :(

pcfulone responded:
I'm sorry it's been so rough and we all can relate. I just came through a 3 week period where I could not function at all. I'm not sure where you live but as I was venting here, someone told me the humidity could be the cause. Like Selena, I too like this site so we can come together and complain to each other who actually relate to our circumstances. I don't talk about it much at home and I try to keep my grunting when I get up from sitting too long to a minimum. I don't want to be a complainer but honestly, someone who does not have fibro just doesn't have a clue. I wish you better days to come quickly. - Lori

NeNe_11 responded:
This is how I live my days out-longing for 9:30pm to get here so I can take a hot shower & take my Ambien & know my body will be relaxed & in less pain for an hour & a half before going to sleep for the night. Many nights I am awakened with leg pains but I do enjoy sleep throughout the night pretty often.

Its so sad to live out one's days hoping to sleep to avoid feeling pain............

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.