Skip to content
blackouts
thedishie posted:
Is there a connection between fibro & blackouts or feinting?

Anon_2912 responded:
I have never heard of it being related, then again, I am sure someone will say yes it is a symptom.

Fibro has over 100 symptoms so when everything else is excluded then it is said "FM related"....

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Thedishie,

Dr. P says that dizziness and feeling like fainting can sometimes be part of having Fibromyalgia (click here to read what he says) but if you are blacking out/fainting, please see you medical provider to find out what's causing this. Never assume a new symptom is part of the same condition.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Pixe5 responded:
Hi the dishie,

Some meds can cause problems like that and also drug interactions. I got into trouble mixing cogentin with an OTC anti-histamine. You might want to ask your doc or pharmacist about any possible interactions.

Pixie

Dyanne48jj replied to Pixe5's response:
PIXIE!
I miss you!
I have been 'out' looking for you.
Are you coming back to your other home soon, i hope

Dyanne48jj responded:
If you are in one of the many hot spots, then the weather could be effecting your blood pressure.
I have low bp and if I get too hot, it will bottom out, and that happens to me.
For peeps w high bp, heat can even be worse.

catpug responded:
Yes, there is with me anyway. I was diagnosed with Neurocardiogenic Syncope, after I had fainted twice, once in a restaurant while sitting in a chair and another time when I was leaving a basketball game. This diganosis came after a complete cardiac workup, several weeks after I had been diagnosed with fibro. It is a symptome of fibro, but it's not a common symtpom. My blood pressure and pulse drop when I'm out in the heat. Treatment for me is to increase my salt intake, drink lots of water and Gatorade. I keep a blood pressure close since it is so hot in Texas!

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
485 of 560 found this helpful