Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
blackouts
thedishie posted:
Is there a connection between fibro & blackouts or feinting?

Anon_2912 responded:
I have never heard of it being related, then again, I am sure someone will say yes it is a symptom.

Fibro has over 100 symptoms so when everything else is excluded then it is said "FM related"....

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Thedishie,

Dr. P says that dizziness and feeling like fainting can sometimes be part of having Fibromyalgia (click here to read what he says) but if you are blacking out/fainting, please see you medical provider to find out what's causing this. Never assume a new symptom is part of the same condition.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

pixe5 responded:
Hi the dishie,

Some meds can cause problems like that and also drug interactions. I got into trouble mixing cogentin with an OTC anti-histamine. You might want to ask your doc or pharmacist about any possible interactions.

Pixie

Dyanne48jj replied to pixe5's response:
PIXIE!
I miss you!
I have been 'out' looking for you.
Are you coming back to your other home soon, i hope

Dyanne48jj responded:
If you are in one of the many hot spots, then the weather could be effecting your blood pressure.
I have low bp and if I get too hot, it will bottom out, and that happens to me.
For peeps w high bp, heat can even be worse.

catpug responded:
Yes, there is with me anyway. I was diagnosed with Neurocardiogenic Syncope, after I had fainted twice, once in a restaurant while sitting in a chair and another time when I was leaving a basketball game. This diganosis came after a complete cardiac workup, several weeks after I had been diagnosed with fibro. It is a symptome of fibro, but it's not a common symtpom. My blood pressure and pulse drop when I'm out in the heat. Treatment for me is to increase my salt intake, drink lots of water and Gatorade. I keep a blood pressure close since it is so hot in Texas!

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.