Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Really Down
pixe5 posted:
Hi all,

I haven't been here much recently because my back hurts from being on my computer so much. I am seeing my chiro this afternoon. I am really upset because my insurance has turned me down twice about getting provigil for my chronic fatigue. I had gone through a lot of turmoil trying to decide whether to take a possibly addictive drug. Now that I have decided to give it a try I can't get it!!!

First I made the mistake of trying to get it from my psych doc. The insurance co said that it would only cover it if I had sleep apnea or narcolepsy. I have sleep apnea so I went to the doc who diagnosed me. After waiting 8 days for approval they denied me again because they had denied me before so the only way I might be able to get it is through an appeal to Medicare!!!

I've had it. I hate my life and I hate this disease! What is the point of trying anymore???

Pixie

emkay912 responded:
Hi, Pixie.
Just tried to cheer you up with a note, and the website sucked it into cyberspace!

Please remember that people here care about you and are pulling for you - despair will make you feel worse, so hopefully you can tell yourself that once you get some back pain relief or once you get the Rx you want, things will seem better.Ugh - insurance buracracy!

Good luck. Warm wishes to you from me (Mary) and my kitty Pixie ~ really, it's true

Anon_2912 responded:
Fibro is NOT a disease.....

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Yeah, it's not fun, is it? (((softhugs))) I know it can get to me sometimes too.

I hope you get the medication sorted out and that it actually helps.

Part of having this condition is learning how to live with it and still have a real life. I know my life isn't what I'd planned, but there's been a lot of love and laughter and adventure even with FM and major fatigue being part of it.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

pixe5 replied to Anon_2912's response:
Anon,

Yes technically it is not a disease but whatever you call it it is miserable. Please do not post unless you have something worthwhile to say, rather than nit pick my choice of words.

xperky replied to Anon_2912's response:
Anon_2912, do you have fibro, or do you know someone who has fibro? I'd like to know you better to be able to understand and perhaps help you or at least support you.
Life is wonderful when lived with love and compassion, Margaret

mymyrt replied to Anon_2912's response:
Anon_2912, I have a suggestion: why don't you look up the word DISEASE in the dictionary and see exactly what it says. To make it easier, dis ease, meaning without ease, uncomfortable, painful, agitated, etc. I know, FMS is not a disease like lupus, diabetes, or cancer, but it certainly makes one feel diseased, as it brings such loss, pain, shame, guilt, and so many other distasteful, disturbing, dismaying, and displacing changes from what were once normal, productive, joyful lives. And after one or two decades and much judgment and doubt by everyone around us, disease is usually the first word that comes to mind.

Hope this helps .

Joan
Knowledge is power.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
367 of 394 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.