Skip to content
GinaMarie
GinaArieta posted:
Hi,

I'm a new member of the group. I think that this will be a good experience for me. I am 55 years old. I had fibro from 29 to about 35. Then it went away. My current bout started in 1994, and is always active. I have a question. I finally started walking a few months ago. It has improved my mood a lot, but hasn't helped the pain. I currently have some very active sites. I have knee pain on the sides, pain below my hips, and gluteus maximus pain on both sides. After I walk, these areas hurt much worse. If I take a day off from walking, I have no pain in those areas. Are there any ideas that you may have? I don't want to quit walking.

talkfibro9 responded:
Try walking less at one time or Instead of walking once a day, walk less distance but walk twice a day with rest and stretching in between. Good Luck

xperky responded:
Those walking pains are worth it to have the improved mood! Good for you. I too, pay the pain price for activity, but my trusty Tramadol kicks in and I know I can get relief. That and a muscle relaxer at bedtime for the worst pains, keeps me active. Otherwise I'd be out of action for a few days after one day of activity.

Welcome here. Sorry your FM came back. I bet you thought it was gone for good.

Margaret
Life is wonderful when lived with love and compassion, Margaret

annette030 replied to xperky's response:
I take my pain meds about an hour before exercise or yard work. That and my hot tub keep me going.

Take care, Annette

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
371 of 398 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.