Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
fell again!
Wolfsong452 posted:
well the first time I fell, I was doing exercises on the stabalizer ball, yep, tried to do one that was a sitting one, where you lifted yourself up a bit but not all the way, then sit back down.

double yep,

fell off the damn thing, bang my head on the bedroom door.
thank goodness my head is so hard! hee hee! did have a definite bump for almost a week.

Now today, while at work, at the truck gate, this is where the drivers bring there trucks to leave the trailers. Anyway, we got a new chair,

the old one had a broken wheel,

well dumb me, went to sit down in the chair and it rolled out from under me.

damn it!

now this one I only have a slight bump on the head, but my shoulder and neck area, are very sore,

so, tonight, gotta get out the heating pad, take some of pain medicine, that I avoid when ever possible.

Don't think I need to go to the doctor, they'd just say, hey, you're going to be sore for a few days.

damn it!

I thought I was being careful.

I just can't win!

Take the Poll

has anyone felt so clumsy that they are afraid to do anything? To live life?
  • yes
  • no
  • sometimes,
  • does, but won't stop me no way.
  • scared to death, it will happen again.
vote
View Poll Results

xperky responded:
Wolfsong - are you sure one of your buddies didn't pull the chair out from under you?...Just kidding. It's nothing to kid about though. I hope it doesn't take too long to mend. You're doing good to start treating those sore muscles right away.

Feel better soon,
Margaret
Life is wonderful when lived with love and compassion, Margaret

Wolfsong452 replied to xperky's response:
it would have been very hard for anyone to pull the chair out from under me,

hee hee.

I'm a security guard, all alone!

hmm, maybe we have ghosts in the guard shack!

not feeling to bad today,

yesterday, I had a strong twinge in the shoulder, but today, there's only a slight sore spot on the side of my head and sore shoulder muscles.

Unlike when I bumped my head last week,

that was still sore until a couple of days ago.

maggiethedoglover responded:
Hello,

The rolling chair thing happened to me at work also. My fault as I was sitting on the edge, not back where anyone with sense would have been.

When I was a little girl, my mother had a Polish nickname for me that meant "clumsy oaf" in English, in an endearing way. All my life, I have been clumsy.

The past few months, I have fallen off the fourth step of a ladder and down 4 stairs, fell on my knees in my rock garden 5 times when my sweet labrador saw someone he wanted to greet and I was too busy holding him with only one hand and pulling weeds with the other hit my head on the corner of the fireplace mantel after bending down close to it and getting up right at the oak corner of the mantel, etc....

I believe that my FM was triggered about 5 years ago when I fell on a winter day while walking the dog. It was warm and melted snow, then got cold and it froze, then new snow covered it up. That time, it was the night before Christmas eve and I didn't go to the doctor for 6 days. I had broken my elbow in 2 places.

Sorry you are suffering with your soreness on top of your FM.

Very soft hugs,

maggie
Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

angelldakota responded:
I hope you are feeling better real soon... I am sorry you have taken your falls... They didn't freak at work and send you to the er... lol... my luck always has it if I fall in public I get sent there... lol... lol... and always the same story too...

well love I need to rest a little... and get off here to hang out with my daughter... you take care... soft hugs...
When you need a friend, reach out to a stranger and you will have one. If you need help, help someone else. if you need to cry, find someone already crying and celebrate life. Love Jan

me_n_my_4 responded:
Hi Wolfsong,
I am sorry to here that you fell again. Hope you are doing better today. I know I have had many times where I was just really clumsy and just kept hitting myself on things. For me I am always hitting my toes or knees, or foot or hand and elbows. I know that is no comparison to the head but with my RA the last thing I need to be banging up is my joints. Anyways you live and learn. I remember one time I work when I slipped and fell and for about 6 months after that I was so terrified that it was going to happen again so I was really careful with everything that I did. After while A got better with it but every once in a while I get in paranoid mode and I think I am going to fall again. It's funny how the mind works!

Wolfsong452 replied to angelldakota's response:
they didn't get angry that I fell, they just got angry that I didn't call then exactly when it happened. I just wrote up a report, saying that the chair was defective, bad wheels, so fix the chai/r So then my supervisor got mad, why didn't I call him?

duh!

I told that's what I thought I'd done by putting it in a REPORT

I told him if there'd been blood, or something lilke that, then of course I'd fall. Sheesh, I wasn't complaining about the fall, I was complaining about the DARN CHAIR!

(I didn't tell them about the second fall)

Wolfsong452 replied to me_n_my_4's response:
YES, I know what you mean by being extra careful after a bad fall,

I'd had 2 bad falls a month part and boy was I walking on eggshells after that!

Thanks all,

Hope all is well!!!

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.