Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day ***August 10, 2011 ***
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC...where it is going to be another hot day...not quite as humid....so this is good. Some of the schools are starting back today...so I guess these children are excited about getting back...I remember how I use to be so excited starting the first day of school...and getting to see some of my friends that I was not able to see during the summer...but then after a few days...I was always looking forward to Friday....and then dreaded Monday again...

A couple of days ago...I felt like going out....Noah will be turning 2 soon...and I wanted to go out and find him some things for his birthday...so I had a good start (or so I thought) ...got there and had a terrible spell...I use to get migraines a lot...but have not had one in a long time...both eyes would not focus and I felt like a migraine was starting...so I was stranded in the store...this really scared me...but
I waited and eventually my eyes got ok...I did have a slight headache...but not a migraine...I have no idea why this happened..

It was not a good feeling though for me...knowing I was by myself and in the store..I am still not doing as well as I wish with the stomach issues...and I am beginning to think that this has something to do with the kidney stones...I guess time will tell.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good day for everyone.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FMily recently...I am glad that you are here...sorry that you are not feeling better...but I am sure that soon, you too, will find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...

Please check out the info under "Tips" and "Resources" to the right of this page...as I am sure you will find some good "tools and tips" to try...be sure and see the "member toolbox" and "nutrition and vitamins"..

Vitamin D....so important for a lot of people...be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us...and it can also affect other illnesses as well..

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Have a good day and stay cool, if you can.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good morning to everyone I sure hope this finds each of you in a good place.

Hi MiMi, I sure am sorry that you had that happen to you while out on a shopping trip. I have had something like that happen to me, it was a migraine though, as well but I was with DH at IKEAS in Atlanta, Ga. So it wasn't as bad had it happened while that far away from home and not being able to driv e. But it sure scared me, but luckily I was able to get to my car and then I had to lie down the whole way home, 4 hours and it was awful. I really know how scary it can be. So I am glad you got home safe and sound. And I sure hope your PCP finds out what it is that is making you feel unwell.

It's going to be cooler here today, thank goodness. They say we'll have rain tomorrow, maybe. I am wondering what the Fall colors will be like since it's been so dry and hot here. I can already see some leaves turning yellow from either no rain or too much rain. I am wondering if they'll be any leaves to turn colors.

I have things to be outside the home this a.m. so will be heading out in a bit to get those things done. Need to stop at Whole Foods for some things and Sam's Club as well. I need to get all my errands done before the p.m. just in case the skies open up as they tend to do here in late afternoon and I get stuck driving in the rain.

Let me shout out a big welcome to our new members. I am so glad you found us. Sorry though that you did because you have the Fibro DX. But this is such a great place to be. There is a great group of people here who are caring, supportive and knowledgeable that you'll feel right at home in just now time at all. So post, reply or start a new discussion.. let us get to know you as you get to know all of us.

To those here who are dealing with more than just fibro issues I hope that you day is filled with less pain, aches and stress.
Soft hugs going out to everyone.
Linda R.

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
Husband forgot our anniversary yesterday---he thought it was today. Was he ever surprised when I made that special dinner last night! He is currently on his way out the door to get me a card and some flowers.

I finished early today---a complete surprise! I was planning to work all day. My first client decided I'd done enough after I'd been there three hours, and the second client cancelled me. So I am home this afternoon and enjoying it.

I have been feeling tired no matter how much I sleep at night. It's been like that since I got the Lyme, and I'm hoping it will pass. Of course I did work a lot while I was sick, so that probably slowed my recovery down a little. I am trying to be patient!

I've been sizing up a big project outside...Every time it rains, all the water runs down the yard in front of our stairs (the whole place is dirt and gravel, with little grass), washing out the dirt and leaving all sorts of loose stones that trip us up. I have fallen twice in the last seven weeks, spraining my knee first and now my ankle. I worry about one of us breaking a bone, so I've decided it's time to fix things. The landlord, as usual, has been absent, leaving everything unfinished while he builds himself a concrete house in Vermont.

I've done drainage work before, and will do okay if I pace myself. I am used to doing heavy work. We have more than enough stones to make a good trench, as well as railroad timbers to shore things up. I have been mentally walking through the project and plan to start this afternoon. I am fed up with falling on my face!

Looks like it's clouding up...I'd better get outside before it decides to rain!

Kinkatia responded:
Hi all! Just wanted to check in with something cheery!

I've spent the better part of this year drowning in fatigue, but this morning I woke up feeling like a normal person! I mean, there's still pain, but I've had that for forever, and it's not so bad. But I've got my energy back! I was running and laughing and feeling absolutely great. A bit worn out now, from all the activity, but I'm doing so much better than I have in a long time. I'm even gonna make dinner for my family tonight, since I've got the energy and my mom is having a real bad day.

It's always a blessing to have days like this. I hope you all get one or more soon, preferably on a day with nice weather so you can fully enjoy it.

angelldakota replied to angelswife's response:
Hi all... I am up from my 35 min nap... seems I want to sleep all day but only 15 to 40 minutes at a time lol... yeh I know that ain't called sleep lol... I don't even call that a cat nap lol...

Mimi... I am sorry you had your spell.... It is scarey when that happens in public and you are alone... I am glad you got thru it soon after... feel better....

Angelswife... you work too hard lol... but I don't blame you wanting to do the drainage work... but I sure would make your landlord pay for it... that and any expenses come about because of the falls... He is ridiculous to just leave the mess like that.... very uncaring and very irresponsible...... He needs to be turned into the housing authorities... and brought down off his high horse...

sorry if I over indulged in talking out of turn...

I need a cigarette and a cup of coffee... didn't have one before I started reading and posting lol... so now I am more forward lol...

Angelswife you just made my day... I recieved mail and you in turn will be recieving mail soon... soon as I close here and get to my fb... a great and wonderful day it is whern you are given precious gifts of love... I thankyou for being so special...

take care... not feeling well all of a sudden... need to rest...

bless you all...
When you need a friend, reach out to a stranger and you will have one. If you need help, help someone else. if you need to cry, find someone already crying and celebrate life. Love Jan

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.