Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
WALKING MAKING FIBRO WORSE
GinaArieta posted:
I'm a new member looking forward to hearing all of your advice, etc. I've had fibro from 1985 to 1990. I had an upper back injury in 1994, delivering phone books to earn money. I haven't been the same since. I still have fibro that started in 1994. I've been walking for a month now. It really helps my moods, and has made me look better. The thing is, I have pain when I get home. The walking doesn't seem to be working so far. I have tender points on both legs below the hip, and also have bilateral gluteus maximus pain. Please help!

glad2bhere65 responded:
I use my heating pad on any area that has pain, so you may want to try that. If you don't hurt til you're done walking, that's actually good that you can get the exercise. I would just sooth those hurting places with a heat pad or hot bath/shower if I were you.

I hope this helps.

Linda

Kinkatia responded:
Are you stretching before and after walking? It usually helps me. Gentle stretches are the key. Applying heat before and after could help, too. A favorite of mine is soaking in an epsom salt bath once a week, since it helps relieve pain accumulated through the week's activities.

Also make sure your shoes are comfortable and fit properly! I can't tell you how many times I've had ill-fitting or uncomfortable shoes cause me additional pain.

I hope you find something that helps soon! Definitely don't give up on the walking because of the pain, though. Keeping you mood uplifted is important. Gentle hugs!

annette030 responded:
Since you look better and it helps your moods, I would consider that a win.

I have been doing daily exercise in addition to my stretches for over a year now. I does the same thing for me. It also does not help my pain at all, even makes it worse some days. My doctor helps manage my pain and she adjusts my pain meds as needed. I also use my hot tub, and take pain meds about an hour before I exercise.

Nothing helps everything. I think each thing that helps anything I have even a little bit is a good thing.

Take care, Annette

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.