Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
FibroHealth
PopTart7 posted:
Hi everyone, just wanted 2 no if anyone has ever had a problem breathing and with chest pain at the same time?

emkay912 responded:
Well, I'd say you need to be looked at. Sometimes the chest pain is costochondritis with FM'ers, but the breathing issue could be dangerous.
They should see if it's asthma or some other thing that you need to monitor.
Good luck!

Booch007 responded:
This is a red flag for me. Shortness of breath even just alone can be the hearts' only symptom of problems. PLEASE call the MD and get scheduled for a stress test (preferably nuclear) to check the circulation to your heart.

Chest pain and SOB is a symptom not to play or wait with. Please avct on this. After ruling out coronary disease, then they can look into the costrochondritis we get or the other physical issues that present similar. Protect your heart and yourself. Call ASAP. Thanks, Nancy B

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I agree with the others... you need to get this checked out as soon as possible. As in call 911 or get someone to take you to the hospital.

Let us know how you're doing and what they find out, PopTart. :-)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Booch007 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Geez Caprice, I am reading your note and thinking????? Did she just call this person a pop tart??**

I never looked at their log on name! (dummy) and here I am thinking "man, you are being so strange!" Nan

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Booch007's response:
LOL! Well, I may be strange, but I try not to be rude, Nancy. XD
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Kinkatia responded:
Yes, but I've been asthmatic since birth, so I know that it's normal for an attack and what to do about it.

The best thing would be to see a doctor about it. It could be something serious which is better to be caught soon, or something like asthma that you'll just need to learn to recognize and manage. But you'll never know until you get looked at.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.