Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Joint swelling?
lkn3342 posted:
I am experiencing some swelling in my joints in a very weird way. I have noticed in my elbows, wrist, and primarily ankles and feet that I am developing areas where I can see slight lumps. They are not red or hard but rather squishy to the touch. Does anyone else in chronic pain have swelling or lumps in theirjoints?

I have been cleared of R.A via bloodtest.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi lkn,

I'm just responding to bump this up in case others have some thoughts for you.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Wolfsong452 responded:
I don't know if it's the same thing, but I have several bumps on the tops of my feet. They are soft and squishy to the touch. I can wiggle the muscles in my feet and you can see them move.

I went to a foot doctor, total waste of time, he said they were cysts. Something like the gangiler (sp) cysts that people get on their wrist.

He didn't want to do anything with them, even when I told him how much trouble I was having getting shoes to fit.

he said I had flat feet,

oh well, !

I know this isn't helping you much.

I do have some swelling in my elbows wrists, fingers and knees, but I have a confirmed case of arthritis.

so bummer!
not much help.

sorry,

lkn3342 replied to Wolfsong452's response:
Well I also have a ganglion cyst on my wrist and and was thinking it might be the same but them I wondered why am Igetting cysts in multiple joints all over the place?

Wolfsong452 replied to lkn3342's response:
now the doctor never told me why we get them, just that we do.

I do know that with ganglion cysts in the wrists, it's from a repetive movement along with wear muscles in that arm.

I used to wear my watch on my left hand, as I"m left handed.

I would get a ganglion cyst all the time. Switched the watch to the right arm, haven't had any since!

go fiigure,

sending you some warm FM hugs.

xperky responded:
Sometimes people test negative for RA but actually do have it or a different inflammatory arthritis. Our bodies change over time. When was your last checkup for arthritis?

I also have weird swelling in my toes, ankles, knees and fingers along with joint pain. I have a hard lump on my small toe metatarsal joint. An orthopaedic recently diagnosed some kind of early inflammatory arthritis, even though I tested negative for RA, like you did.

Best of luck to you on this. As if having FM wasn't enough!? We don't need RA too!

Be well,
Margaret
Life is wonderful when lived with love and compassion,
Margaret

Silvana24 responded:
I suggest you repeat the test for RA, a few more times. So the result will be safer. RA is an inflammation of the joints and causes pain. My mother has RA and nodolo appeared soft on the wrist, just like you.

In my case, to remove the suspicion of RA, took over 6 months, all negative. Before receiving the diagnosis that had FM, in 1999.

Sorry ... I wish best for you.

Silvana

me_n_my_4 responded:
I can say that I have these myself. I have them on m elbows and ankles. I have RA too but my rheumy doesn't seem to be bothered by them neither does she have any insight as to what it is but she says it isn't nodules. All I am sure about it that they were not there before and all of a sudden they popped up. I seem to have more trouble out of them when there are been a lot of pressure on my joints and they get bigger and start to cause pain. Sorry that I couldn't be of more help for you but know that you are not alone. Please let me know if oyu find out what your comes from.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
367 of 394 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.