Skip to content
In trouble again...
Anon_149959 posted:
Yesterday I had a really bad day it seemed like my whole body hurt, it hurt to move even a little..I went to work anyway, worked though it and popped meds when ever I could. I hurt so bad last night I just wanted to cry,it has carried over today maybe a little less but still there.. I am exhausted and still hurt some (and feel nausea today) so I took today as a sick day... Which I don't take often I think I may have taken one day so far this year.
Unfortunately I was supposed to help with a huge party tonight and my boss is furious with me, (which I am sure I will be repremanded for when I get to work tomorrow). I would go to the doctor but know it will be a useless visit because there will be nothing anyone can do I just feel so dang bad I knew I could not make it through another day like yesterday. I hope I will have a job tomorrow..

angelldakota responded:
Hi Hun... So sorry you are feeling so bad... it is hard to decide between pain at work or pain at home... especially since the pain at home probably isn't any better staying home... but at least it may not be worse...

I know it is scary to wonder if the boss is mad enough to reprimand you and/or fire you... I don't think he can fire you for one sick day can he... even if it was bad timing... i will keep you in my thoughts... and think happy thoughts... that he will show true compassion and caring...

hope you feel better very soon... take care... do something good for yourself everyday...
When you need a friend, reach out to a stranger and you will have one. If you need help, help someone else. if you need to cry, find someone already crying and celebrate life.
Love Jan

CrazyTaurensWife responded:
~hugs~ hope you're feeling better soon. Being stressed about your job is probably making your pain worse. I always try to push through the pain, too. It's not always a smart thing to do, but sometimes you don't have much of a choice. As Angelldakota said, I think there would have to be a lot more than one sick day for your boss to be able to fire you.

glad2bhere65 responded:
Flares are so painful and I definitely understand your pain. The problem with my last job was when the pain got so bad, there went my concentration too. I hope the rest of your week gets much better!

Linda

abettertomorrow responded:
I understand your pain, I have ok and bad days. I don't sleep well at night, and everyday I hope it is going to be a less painful day. I miss a lot of work due to the chronic all over body pain. I pop a lot of pain killers too but they make me so tired. I wish I had more energy! how did it go with your job?

Soophie responded:
Dear Anon, so very sorry to hear about all of your pain. I know how you feel. Right now I am in the middle of a terrible flare. All I can do is lay on the floor and not move. I have been having terrible headaches, I can't focuse on the smallest of tasks, I have some new alarming symptoms show up over the last week along with the other symptoms I have on a daily basis, just found out that I am type 2 diabetic, my stress level is threw the roof. I am sorry to hear about your bosses hissy fit. Does he or she know you have Fibro? I would like to think he or she would be a little understanding especially since you have only taken on sick day out of the year!! Most people who are well take more than that!! For 12 years now I have been dealing with doctors who will not listen to me. They want to focus on one thing at a time, and I need them to focus on them all, because they are all equally distressing. I went in today and mentioned a couple of pain meds that I saw listed on this site, and she totally blew me off!! I feel so hopeless and frustrated, because I know there are doctors out there who are excellent. Why can't I find the right one? I even wish sometimes they would just put me on Morphine patches. I have been suffering for 12 years. Isn't that long enough? Well enough of my own blabbering!! I sure hope you will have your job tommorow!! Good luck and gentle hugs to you! Michelle

crazydoxymama replied to Soophie's response:
Dear Soophie,
I am so sorry to hear about the agony you are going through. My heart goes out to you, and my prayers!
All of you are in my prayers on a regular basis as I know prayers are going up for me too. I have suffered with FM for over 30 years and, believe me, finding a doctor is a very difficult task. I think I may have finally found "my guy". Of course, it remains to be seen and time will tell. You definitely need one who can see not only the single symptoms that you are dealing with but the "big picture" as well.
I also had terrible problems with bosses Anon. FM was not the world-wide phenom that it is now. I finally had to file for "disability" (what a nasty word) benefits. I was the first person in my state to get those benefits because of FM. Believe me, that was the hardest decision I ever made in all of my life. I had never asked for help of any kind but after years of struggling through work each day in such terrible pain, I just had to give in and accept the fact that I could not work any more. It's terrible when you are fighting to continue working and you have people fighting just as strongly to make your life miserable while you do. Sometimes (most of the time) it seemed that FM meant nothing to them. Whatever decisions you have to make regarding dealing with FM, please know that you are not alone but there are literally hundreds of thousands of us out there fighting the good fight daily. I wish you the best of luck on your quest for the right doctor. It's sort of like the quest for the right man. Sometimes you want the man who is kind, understanding and gentle but desire the big buff jock. It's definitely a difficult mix to find but there is one out there. God bless you all.

HighnLoLita responded:
Anon, I am so sorry that you are going thru this today. But I want you to know that I look up to you. I am on disability but not for my DDD or my FM but, origionally for my Bipolar disorder and when I am in my pain and I get on here and read stories such as yours I feel so grateful that I don't have to go to work. I just don't know how you do it. I mean I have a job here, I have to do house work and stuff but, its on my own time. I look up to all those that go to work every day and are in pain, I just don't know how you do it. When I make Dr's appts, I have to make them for late in the afternoon because, it takes me all day to get myself together enough to even get there and then you guys get up early and go to work every single day and are in constant pain just like me. OMGosh, I couldn't do it. I just want you to know that I think about this every single day and I will pray for you that you will feel better and heal and have strength and that your boss will have more understanding of your illness. I just wanted you to know that I look up to you Anon and all others just like you...Lita

Anon_149959 replied to Soophie's response:
thank you for your reply and soft hugs to you, I live in a high stress environment I work in healthcare, I think I have had flares before but this one that I had the last two days was the worst one yet... I get told I have have got a low tolerance of pain,..which angers me very much. I just wish one day..... just one I could have those who tell me to "suck it up and move on" walk in my shoes.
My boss got over her anger towards me I guess I am going to have to get with my doc and have a script written for work to be only 40 hours a week. I am always there to work I work doubles just so my boss could take a day off. I am afraid though if my flares get like this last one or worst (go forbid!! ( I was hurting so bad I threw up.). I will be done in.. Might I make a suggestion that you find a rheumatologist that is what my doctor specializes in, he has all the new updates and medications and is very knowledgeable on FM. I am sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis, you will be in my prayers. HUGE thank you to those who replied to my post .

pinkplatypus responded:
Sending you LOVE & LIGHT

Missie

pinkplatypus replied to Soophie's response:
Good point - does the boss know.

Recommend filing FMLA papers - this is to cover and protect yourself so you won't get demerits for needing to be out. I had never thought of it (still reasonable knew - just since mid-July w/ diagnosis) - my boss actually requested that I file them to protect me.

When I first talked to him he said his sister had fibro - so that helped so much with the explanations. I did research what accomodations that the ADA recommended and over the years I had already done them all in my cubicle so no modifications were needed.

Missie

Anon_149959 responded:
UPDATE!! I went into work to "try" to talk to my boss, needless to say this person was more interested in me covering and them leaving early to really talk... Oh yeah and the result to only working 40 hours a week. in two weeks I have a 7-9 day work week...humm yeah...this will really help the situation..

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
467 of 542 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.