Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What isn't attached to fibro? What are all symptoms?
Msfino posted:
When I found the dialog about no pain bra, and saw that it was several years old, I was shocked. You would think that after having fibro for 17-18 years, I would know everything about it, but new things are popping up all the time, that simply amaze me. My husband asked me recently what syndrome didn't I have! It really upset me because he wasn't kidding, and it was true. I am leaning syndromes that I had never heard of before. My doctor sees me three to four times a year, without a problem. That doesn't happen very often between visits. I will get something, and it won't be a cold. It's always something serious.

We had promised each other that 2011 would be a 'good year'. Ie...I wouldn't be admitted to the hospital this year. I'm not saying that before I got fibro that I was the healthiest patient, BUT, I wasn't this sick all the time either, By sick I mean that I am always either sick in bed, or sick with pain somewhere in my body to bug me enough that I don't want to go out or talk on the phone, etc.
'
What are some of the symptoms/syndromes that you have found with fibro? I mean, not being able to wear a bra because the pressure hurts your chest so much?!?! It boggles my mind, and yet I was thrilled and thought that I was alone with this problem! My doctor calls it costeochondritin (sp?) I had never heard of it, and it isn't listed with fibro, yet there are a million other things that we get.

What I want to know besides the obvious bad backs, etc., what other symptoms do you have that is NOT listed as a fibro symptom, yet we all understand. Does anyone have anything else that others will say,"oh yeah, I have that too!" Thanks for your input.

squarley responded:
Look up symtoms of fibro there are 100 of them I have 22, and the costr. with the chest pain is one of them IBS acid reflux,RLS,migaines, dizziness,CFS, myofascial pain sndrome,vulvodynia,Bladder problems,I could go on and on,but always get thing checked out,but it for me ends up being from Fibro. Anxiety from all the pain, I just go from one thing to another, you are not alone ,we have to treat each symptom and learned what works for us ,were all different,so I hope you can find some thing to help you and were all here for you, light hugs Squarley

xperky responded:
Does anyone just hate how tags in clothes have that scratchy feeling? I'm so happy to find more "tagless" clothing these days. I guess our overly sensitive skin is to blame there.

I also have a wierd problem with perfumes. I have trouble riding in a car with someone who has on perfume or a lot of hairspray. Again, I'm overly sensitive. Makes for awkward situations!
Be well,
Margaret

deansmimi responded:
What no pain bra? I have to have front closure, and it doesn't only hurt my chest, it hurts both of my shoulders too. I have just stopped wearing one, even though I need one. This is the first time I have been replied or posted.

maggiethedoglover replied to deansmimi's response:
Hi there,

Try the Rhonda Shear Ahh bra. If you need just a standard size, small through large, you can find it at Walgreens, Harriet Carter and other places. If not, you can go to her site (type in ahh bra). They have larger sizes. I always but bras that are technically too big for me so they don't bind, so even though I'm a 40C, I buy an XXL. The ahh bra stretches so you don't have to be exact. Also it doesn't have any tags. You put it on like a sports bra, so no hooks.

I think the genie bra is very similar to the ahh bra. I also found some bras on a new site, Beyond the Rack, but their inventory fluctuates so much that I have not seen them since I bought 4 about 3 months ago.

Good luck with bras and everything else. As Squarley and Magaret point out, there are many different symptoms of FM. Most of us have multiple symptoms.

Margaret, I to am very sensitive to smalls. Cologne that is applied too heavily is enough to drive me out of wherever I am and, yse, tags in clothing drive me crazy. I look for tagless or rip them out if possible.

Soft hugs to all,

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.