Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Unemployed
schrode posted:
My husband lost his job 3 weeks ago. I have been a homemaker for the last 14 years because of our 3 kids. We have both been applying for everything we are qualified for.

I had finally found a good time where the pain and fatigue were low until this happened. Now the pain is back. I am stressed over our financial situation. I am terrified that if I get a job I will not be able to handle it physically. I will just have to push through. The weeks of continued stress are really taking their toll on us.

Please pray for our family. I hope each of you has a low pain, low stress day.

Deb

dollbug responded:
Hello Deb.....and welcome.....MiMi in NC....I am so sorry that your husband lost his job....he is not by himself though...and I am sure that things will get better....I hope he has applied for unemployment benefits...and perhaps you can also get some help elsewhere....check with your local community about this...

Try not to stress about it....as you know the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...and stress feed off each other and make our lives worse...

Things are not good for a lot of people these days...and it seems to continue to get even worse...so hang in there...and keep looking....

I know that it was really hard on me when I lost my job...this was back in 2005...and I was going through the change and also had family issues....so it was a really hard time for me...
I also had health issues to deal with....and everything lumped in...did not help the situation at all for me...I was denied wokers comp and got an attorney who took advantage of the situation....and I also was denied the disability benefits that I had at work...

I eventually got approved for SSD....but this took a long time for that also....I am still having health issues....but they have improved somewhat...

Know that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers...and continue to have hope....things will get better for you....

Take care and good luck....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

1rmouse responded:
HI Deb, Linda R here and I am so sorry about your husband losing his job. My DH and I have been there and I know how much stress you are under.

Of course I will add you and your family to my nightly prayers.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing...
Linda R.

angelldakota responded:
Dear Deb.... I am thinking about you and praying for you daily... You are definitely is a stressful spot... try to not let it get to you and drain you into a FM flare as it has been doing...

try to find a figurine or stuffed animal and carry it with you... When you feel the stress building pull it out and focus on it and allow the stress to fade away... I use a little meditation with it... A chant breathing in and out... breathing in saying "Je" and breathing out saying "sus"... "je""sus"... I think He plays a big role in removing the stress... helps my pain and anxiety sometimes too...

I truly hope you can work things out very soon... know we are here for you... you aren't alone... With that I will welcome you to the group and remind you you may come vent all you want... it really does help...

bless you and your family... jan
When it Rains... It Signifies Life... There is Hope... It Strengthens My Soul... And Brightens My Spirit... Think Of Our TRIALS in Life as RAIN...
Written with love by Kelly and Jan

xperky responded:
It's rough these days. I know how fearful you must be about being able to handle a job outside the home. I can't imagine it myself.

My DH lost his job the last day of 2010. I'm on SSD. We have lots of monetary obligations and not enough income to cover them. My SSD, his unemployment and our savings are keeping us going for now.

You might want to contact your mortgage company and see if you qualify for help there. There are some new programs out there, just for folks like us.

The stress in this situation is huge. If you are not used to having your hubby around, he may get in your hair sometimes...LOL. Try to be extra understanding with each other, and give each other some free space once in a while.

Keep hopeful. Something will turn for the better...soon!
With Compassion,
Margaret

Littlefox77 responded:
I am so sorry this is happening to your family. I pray that the Lord will help you and you hubby with all of your concerns.

schrode replied to angelldakota's response:
Thank you all for your kinds words and prayers. Jan, I have a mini angel, called a pocket angel, that I carry with me. I take her out and hold her as a reminder to try and relax some of the muscle tension and other tension from stress.

We are hanging in there with the help of some good friends. I hope things improve soon.

Soft hugs,
Deb

maggiethedoglover replied to schrode's response:
Dear Deb,

You and your family will be in my thoughts and my heart. Hopefully, your husband will find work soon.

As others have pointed out, stress feeds the dragon that is FM. I think Jan's idea is a winner and that it helps you to deal with the stress.

Soft hugs,

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to schrode's response:
Thinking of you through this, Deb. I know how scary this can be and how stress can impact our pain. (((softhugs)))

Take it day by day. Some things are out of your control, some are not. Take care of the things that are in your control, including yourself.

I hope you and/or your husband find work soon that doesn't add to your pain.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
364 of 391 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.