Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
CFS how do you handle it
sugismimi posted:
I ask because, i mentioned it to my Dr. and the fact that i can not get anything at work done, feeling sooo tired and spacie,my mind wonders....
he gave my adderall at very low doses.
Since then I feel so much better, get my work done, can even cook dinner after work.
I dont hear it mentioned much and wondered if this is something new, not tried,not spoken of???????
just curious..
sugismimi

schrode responded:
Hi Sugismimi!

I have not been diagnosed with CFS but I have extreme fatigue every day. I take Ritalin 10mg at noon and 3pm to help me stay awake. I feel like I have gotten half my life back. Before the Ritalin I was in bed with pain and fatigue every day by 2 or 3pm. Now I am able to stay awake for dinner with my family and help my kids with their homework . I count my blessings and do what I can in spite of the pain.

Soft hugs,
Deb

sugismimi replied to schrode's response:
hi Shrode,
thanks for that....
was wondering if you cld share maybe how long you have been taking them and do you find at times you just need a higher dose???

thats where i am at this time, my doc doesnt want to up the doseage , he says a certain amt will not be effective.

so I take a med vacay, and start over and its good for a day or so, then back to where I was a few days ago.

ne how

thanks for sharing
sugismimi

schrode replied to sugismimi's response:
Hi Sugismimi,

I started taking the Ritalin 10mg at noon & 3pm in July. I have not needed a dose change yet. About every two weeks I have a day that the pain and fatigue are just too much and I end up in bed before dinner.

If your medication is no longer effective, perhaps you should ask your doctor about changing medicines instead of changing doses. Good luck!

Deb

ybnrmlooops responded:
Hi,

I see an awesome pain mangement doc. and I take ritalin
10 mg 3 x a day to help wake me up and have a little energy because my meds make me sleepy in addition to already being sleepy from fibro itself. I prefer Provigil but it is very very expensive. I used to take it 200mg 2 x a day but it is $1300 a month and even with it pre-approved from medicare the co-pay is $200 a month which I can't afford because all my meds already cost me about $168 in copays. But they use provigil for pilots, shilf workers, the military, etc. It is much smoother and doesn't keep you going up and down like ritalin or adderal does. But... ritalin is much much better than nothing!!!!

coffeeaddict25 replied to ybnrmlooops's response:
also take adderall to function everyday. without it i wouldnt be able to go to work every day.

crazydoxymama responded:
What is Adderall for. Most of the meds that are taken are not FM specific but help with it as a side effect.

sugismimi replied to crazydoxymama's response:
Adderall is for ADD or ADHD, and also for CFS, Narcolepsy.

I guess i mentioned not being able to function at work, not being able to complete tasks, and various other problems.

This has helped me soooo much. before I was a lump on a log... now I can get going, it really has helped me to concentrate on work and not the pain so much, which is a huge help.

THANKS FOR SHARING EVERYONE!!!
SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE A DRUGGIE, THEY KNOW ME BY VOICE ON THE PHONE AND CALL ME BY NAME WHEN THEY SEE ME COMING TO THE COUNTER.

God love them, they are really a bunch of very nice and compassionate people.
off the subject but it came to mind>>>

sugismimi

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.