Skip to content
Fatigue and Fibromyalgia
hisolblonde posted:
Fatigue is one of my main issues right now. I went from being a very active person to not being able to keep my eyes open. I was diagnosed about ten years ago and had it pretty much under controll. But about 2 years ago I went back to school to be a Medical Assistant at 48 years old and at the end of the schooling I started feeling so much pain and feeling like I ran a marathon. Went to the doctors and my fibromyalgia was kicking me bad, and I have been in pain thereapy since and I have a 13,000 dollar loan to pay back and a title cause I cant work. Half the time I cant keep my eyes open and the pain is chronic, and Ive gained 35 pounds and hardly eat at all. My body is so blown up from swelling. So my husband is starting to see that the fatigue is all part of fibro. I know how everyone is feeling about fatigue it is the most awful thing to have. They now have me on methadone and percocets. any advice on meds that can get my mind and body awake agin it would be appreciated.

gridly1 responded:
A high percentage of patients with FM have abnormal MRIs that indicate that the activity centers of our Brains are over stimulated. The theory is: High Cal-Phos (all cells need Cal. and Phos for movement)that is unable to be flushed out by the kidneys. Plus low ATP which is needed to excite movement and the halt movement in cells, Hence always moving and always stressed. So we never get restful sleep!
Read the book "What Your Doctor May Not Have Told You About Fibromyalgia" by Dr. St. Amand

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Hisolblonde and welcome to WebMD,

Be sure to continue to pursue answers about the swelling/bloating and weight gain.

Fatigue is definitely part of having Fibromyalgia for many of us and there are many ideas shared here on how to deal with it and how to pace ourselves. I hope you'll keep reading.

With all due respect to Gridly who, I know, is reaching out to help, subsequent studies have not supported the claim in the book that was recommended.

To read more on that:

Guaifenesin versus Placebo
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.