Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

I'm 15 and have Fibromyaliga.
whatmattersmost posted:
I am a 15 year old girl who has been suffering with fibromyalgia for quite some time now. I am waking up often in the middle of the night, and then have a hard time getting back to bed. I have been waking up with horrible headaches, and feeling very tired. I have constant pain all the time, no matter what I'm doing, weather it be laying down, walking, standing, sitting, etc. I have been diagnosed by a rheumatologist. I did go through some emotional traumatic events before this.. but I was also on the depo prevera shot. I was wondering if that could have caused it or made it worse. I was suppose to get the shot 5 days ago, but I have decided to get off of it in case it was the cause. If you have any suggestions either, that would be very helpful. Thank you.
xperky responded:
Sometimes medicines can cause lots of side effects. We have to be our own scientists to figure out which medicine makes us feel which way. Your experiment sounds logical. sure to substitue a reliable method of birth control since you didn't take the shot!

You are so young to be suffering with FM. I hope you can pick up some coping techniques from this site. You might look through the Helpful Tips to the right.

Welcoming hugs from me.
With Compassion,
gridly1 replied to xperky's response:
Read the book ' What Your Doctor May NOT Have Told You About Fibromyalgia' by Dr. St. Amand
fibroinsd responded:
Rats...I just wrote a long note to you, and it seems to have disappeared...With the way this web site may show up again, but it looks like it is lost in computerland..I will try and make a shortened version of it...

Do talk to your doctor about the depo prevera...or maybe even search webmd for it...and check out side effects. I don't know much about that. And like Margaret ask your doctor about what to do about birth control now. I know that at 15, it isn't easy to do, but so important.

I hope your Rhumatologist has you on some meds..and hopefully they will start "kicking in" and making you feel better. You might also ask about your Vit D. level..and then try taking some vitamins to help with energy during the day... When you start getting the meds going...hopefully you will be sleeping better at night..and that will help.

Do check out the the side and then resources...and do look for the member toolbox post...that has some helpful ideas...( I personally like my heating pad !!)...

Ask us questions anytime...we have all gone through this, and you are not alone...and there is help let us know how you are doing..

Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright
Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to gridly1's response:
Hi Gridly and welcome to WebMD,

I'm responding only to share a caution about that book. Unfortunately, subsequent studies have not supported the claims made in the book.

To read more on this, please see this link from

Guaifenesin versus Placebo
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
487 of 562 found this helpful