Skip to content
fibro pain
alieha posted:
have been diagnosed with fm and my doctor has given me Gabapentin, it helps sometimes. Can anyone tell me something else that would work for the pain

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Alieha,

How long have you been taking it? What is your expectation of it? And have you discussed this with your doctor? It can sometimes take time to find the right medication and right dosage. And what works for one person may not work for others, though I'm sure other members here will share their own experience.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

fibroinsd responded:
Hi and welcome..

First off...welcome...sorry you have been diagnosed with fm, but I am glad you have found us...

There is a post called member toolbox...that can be found in the resources or tips section...and has things you can do that are not medical...just things we have learned to do to help ourselves.

There are a lot of choices in regards to meds...Gabapentin is one, but there is also Lyrica, Cymbalta, and Savelle. There are also other drugs used...including Pristique or muscle relaxants or NSAID drugs. NSAIDs are not suppose to help fibro, but some have found it helpful...There use to be a person here named Meme..and she had a post on meds...and you might be able to use the search button to find it...

Also, please have your Vit. D. level checked..as many have found their Vit D level low..

We often use gentle exercise, vitamins and meds to help us..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

xperky responded:
Hi alieha. Welcome here! People are so supportive and informative on this site. Keep reading, and you will see what others have found helpful for the pain.

Sometimes we just need a dosage adjustment, from our doctor. Always take new ideas to your doctor for discussion. I hope you have found one that will listen and discuss your options with you.

Nice to meet you.
With Compassion,
Margaret

deansmimi responded:
I take Vicodin 75/750, I had been taking 3 a day for some time, but found that I needed 4 a day. It took a long time for me to finally get my Rhum. Dr. to approve, but last month he finally did. I know the most you can take of the tylenol is 4000mg. I'm now taking 3000mg. and I won't go any further. It doesn't take all the pain away, but helps. I also get a homeopathic remedies from Swansons Health
called "Fibromyalgia Relief" and another called Arnica Montana 3x,6x.12x,30x,300x, the homeopathic remedys are inexpensive. Just google Swanson Health Products
then Homeopaqthy by Dr.Barbara Hendel. It really helps in between. There are no side effects from these remedys.
They are safe. I take my vicodin at 11am, 3pm, 7pm, and11pm. It's not perfect, but what is.?? Google LDN.
and look into this. It has helped many fibro patients. I can't
try this until I get off of Vic. for 2 wks to 1 month. I'mtrying to get up the courage to get off of these. Good luck to you and God Bless You. from deansmimi

annette030 replied to deansmimi's response:
If you are concerned about tylenol, hydrocodone comes with 325 mg. of tylenol in each pill. I used to take hydrocodone 10/325 mg.

Best of luck to you.

Take care, Annette

An_241269 replied to deansmimi's response:

**** before reading- this please understand i worked with my dr the entire time and that i am a plus size person so my dosage is different ****

I have been dealing with undiagnosed FM for about 20 years. Prior they had me try every treatment possible for years trying to help me with the pain. This was while I finished high school, went to college, and trying to work- all with all the fun FM side effects. They finally gave up and put me on vicodin. In the end I was taking vicodin pills 8 times or more a day at the 75/750 strength. It helped until dx and put being put on FM Rx. This was a Godsend for me and my pain level. I will tell you that I was able to take myself off the vicodin finally; the pain is a bit worse but the rest of my body and mind are ecstatic. Talk to your dr about your concerns and I bet he/she will be very supportive and maybe even have you try something else while you get off the vicodin.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.